Billy Joel

Movin' Out ...

of $14 Mil Miami Palace

5/8/2012 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0508_billy_joel_house_for_Sale_miami_launch

Billy Joel
must be INSANE -- like certifiably insane -- 'cause the Piano Man has grown tired of his INCREDIBLE Miami Beach estate ... and put the place up for sale for the low low price of $14.75 mil.

The 8,881 square foot oceanfront palace -- located on the ultra-exclusive La Gorce Island -- boasts 7 bedrooms, 8.5 baths ... and happens to be surrounded by famous neighbors like Cher and Lil Wayne.

Joel bought the place in 2006 for $13.5 mil -- it's unclear why he's decided to leave.

But if you've got the cash ... this place is a dream pad ...with a gourmet chef kitchen, wine cellar, bad-ass swimming pool and of course 150 feet of water frontage.

... 'cause everyone needs a place to park their boat.

Thanks to South Beach Condo Blog for the heads up.

liz

i love you billy!!

Martin

My guess? He's terminally ill. All your priorities change.

Say YEAH Biyotch!!!!

no wonder why he's moving. If I had neighbours like CHER and LIL WAYNE I'd move too..............hmmmm........maybe I WOULDN'T move, cuz their block parties have to be HELLA interesting

Superman

It doesn't really feel like a home. Looks to be just a place to entertain people for business. Too formal. Too much vegetation growing everywhere. The palm trees next to the pool would bother me. And not enough privacy from the pool area. Pass.

There's a problem here

That place is beautiful but it is decorated more like a high end resort hotel than a home you want to live in. Here's a clue to the realtor: I don't really think having Lil Wayne as a neighbor is a selling point.

Gretel

Have you ever been to Miami? It's hot as hell there. It's also a kind of weird environment if you don't speak Spanish because it's more like a colony than a state ... but besides that ... this place looks cold as ice. Add all that to having Lil Wayne as a neighbor it just doesn't seem like a desireable neighborhood.

Luz

Why?

Luz

The whole house is beautiful! My favorite areas are the sunroom and pool area and the courtyard. The rest, I would hire a decorator to help me make it my own place!
PS: And loved the small yatch with its own deck. Looks like you can go to Miami without dealing with the traffic!

DaveT

Cher, Billy Joel, and Lil Wayne all living as neighbors....I'm reading it but it doesn't quite register in mah head....

jessicabradberry93

for anyone who wants A STAY AT HOME JOB please read my blog and go and sign up the company i work for is called Empower Network. you may contact me at jessicabradberry93@yahoo.com thank you (:

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2