Jennifer Hudson

Verdict Expected TODAY

In Family Murder Trial

5/9/2012 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0509_william_balfour_gettyA verdict is expected today in the trial of William Balfour -- the man accused of murdering Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and 7-year-old nephew back in 2008.

The trial began April 23rd. A verdict is expected before the end of the day.

27-year-old Balfour stands accused of the triple murder after allegedly flying into a blind and jealous rage over a balloon gift for Julia Hudson, Balfour's ex and Jennifer's sister.

Prosecutors say Balfour thought the gift was from Julia's new boyfriend and he snapped.

Balfour has pled not guilty to the murders.

DaveT

Jealousy has killed a lot of people. Really sad situation for Jennifer, and family.
I can't imagine losing my mother, brother and nephew all at the same time to death. Good to see she carries on and moves forward.

croc

you guys are right, he looks like
a young jay-z..and a older blue ivy.
but he should rot.

Anne

This bastard is a complete waste of life. I hope he gets what he deserves and more!

Karen

Ok TMZ.....The defese has not made their final argumnet and there is a Jury. It could be days before a vedict is made...Does not matter anyway, if he is found guilty he will file an appeal.....this guy was a loose cannon from the time he was a child...how do you shoot a little boy in the back of the head and live with yourself....

Anonymous

While a verdict is possible if it comes in at the speed of light, the reporting is generally wrong: It is expected to go to the jury today. Closing arguments are being held now.

Seldombinlaid

Has Obama chimed in on this one looking like his son if he had one?

Lorenzo

This guy looks like he is Jay-Z's brother and I see I am not the only one that thinks that.

Pat

This guy should get the death sentence.

myopinion

What is the verdict?

Joan K

POS, I hope once he does get to prison that somebody takes care of this loser and makes him suffer, don't kill him just beat the ever loving crap out of him and do it every week.

Luz

I don't think that guy killed all that family! My reasoning tells me if he was in a jelous rage, the first person he would have been after, would have been Jeniffer's sister! Not her family. Looks like when someone takes retaliation, but not for jelousy.

Luz

Sorry. I meant to say: jealous rage

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2