Barack Obama

Honored with Fried

Chicken and Waffles

5/10/2012 5:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The Obama special at Roscoes Chicken and Waffles
Barack Obama has just become the first sitting President in American history to have a menu item named after him at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles -- talk about a historic week!!

The legendary chicken joint officially renamed a menu item after Obama after the Commander-In-Chief chowed down on the famous 3-wing "Country Boy" special back in October.

At the time, the owners claimed they would NOT rename the item after Obama ... in fairness to Reagan and Nixon, who were also regulars ... but don't have any items named after them.

Guess the Roscoe's people had a change of heart ... 'cause the Country Boy is OUT and "Obama's Special" is in ... for $8.90.

Yes they did.

myopinion

That is my favorite!!!!When ever I eat at Roscoe's That is what I order guess the name will be Obama special when I go next time...lol Obama 2012

PrimaDiva

$8.50 for 3 wings?

janet

Oh, how about a dairy queen obama special. Oreo. White on the inside black on the outside.

Papichulo168

Why am I not surpried that a lot of white people got offended?

STR

3 wings for $8.90? That's not very Democratic.

Blah

So are they all left wings?????? Just saying...

Manimal

Forget Obamas special...I'll take the "succulent" Country Girl! Great menu!

Bethy

Do black people not realize that they are perpetuating their own racism by doing stuff like this? If they want it to stop, they can't embrace this nonsense. Imagine a fast food place like In-n-Out burger added a chicken and waffles dish to their menu and named it after the President.... that wouldn't go over very well AT ALL. SO how is okay for Roscoe's?

Jackie

Oh please!...we get it that Harvey you're gay..(meaning yeah!...Obama supports your Gay community), but enough with pointless Obama posts. pfft!

w

I tried it, I was full of HOPE and I was looking for a CHANGE then I realized I was lied to.

Manimal

Why don't they have the O.J special? Spring chicken...white meat only. This is ridiculous.

cowbulls

That was a really stupid business move because many conservatives including myself will not eat there again until they take that Muslim title off the menu.

steph

Old news.They changed the name months ago.

janet

Obamas mother is white his father black, raised in chicago. I bet their is a southern country fried chicken place on every block in chicago

Of course Obama used Air Force 1 to fly to LA for Cloonys private party fundraiser. Obama is at a Cloonys house for a 'private party disguised as a fundraiser'. Hey, $40,000.00 dollar cover charge. Sorry, per plate. times 150 people do the math. A ton of food will be thrown out. That's the most disgusting. We pay for Obamas security and he's having a grand old time.

Want to bet Cloony and Obama will be hitting the golf course. It is the weekend.

Obama is

JRT9584

Historic week? What has he really done to benefit anyone straight?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments