« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star John Cena

Files for Divorce

5/10/2012 12:06 PM PDT UPDATED: 5/10/2012 12:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0510_john_cena_Liz_HuberdeauWWE star John Cena has filed for divorce.

Cena filed the docs in Florida, claiming his marriage to Liz Huberdeau is "irretrievably broken." John and Liz were high school sweethearts but only married three years ago.  They have no children.

Now here's the kicker -- Liz has already hired high-powered Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, the same attorney who repped Linda Hogan during her divorce ... and took Hulk to the cleaners.

But it won't be easy -- according to the docs, Liz signed a crippling pre-nup in 2009.

Liz' lawyer has already released a statement, claiming, "Although it is indeed unfortunate that John Cena decided to divorce his high school sweetheart Liz Cena; particularly, after they have come so far in their lives and in his career together, Liz will and really has no choice but to pursue all of her rights and entitlements."

The attorney adds, "Sadly, divorce is not the way Liz thought her perfect love story would end."

update_bar
12:12 PM -- Liz' attorney tells us, Cena blindsided her with the divorce filing. They had been having issues -- and Cena even approached her recently with a pre-divorce financial settlement agreement -- but Liz refused to sign it, convinced the relationship would still work out.

FYI -- It's not uncommon in celeb divorces to bring up pre-divorce settlement agreements because they help simplify otherwise messy splits.

0426_split_stars_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cynical me

Nice way to smear the image/name of your 'high school sweetheart'.
Stay classy Liz.

bunny

John Cena waved his hand in front of his face and said "You can't see me" as he gave her the divorce papers. If they were childhood sweethearts, then why did she stick with him when he openly admitted to sleeping with any woman who had a vagina. He gloated about sleeping with a fat woman because "She had a nice smile."

Kowny Krush

Hope JC and Lucas Crankshaft will be happy.

madison

anonymous

Man,
I'm going to hurl if he and Eve get hooked up. I may be one of the few fellas out there who legitimately like her. (she's my dream-lady of WWE, yeah I admit it. I like her. :) ) I mean I'd be happy FOR them if those two were to talk, but I've had the biggest crush on Eve since her debut and it would be tough to hear of anyone else hollerin' at her knowing I'd never ever stand a chance at hollerin' at a sweet gal like her. I hope those two DO get to talk though, because I think they'd be cool for one another. Sorry to hear about Cena and Elizabeth, though. I was rooting for those two.
An anonymous WWE fan

Omega

Since the prenup has put her on the mat, I hear her attorney is about to take a page out of John's playbook. She will use 5 moves to make a giant comeback and win.

LatinaxNation

Dancing everywhere right now HELL YEAH!! look at her she looks homely, plus I know it's work and all but if your a wwe fan (even from the early 00's) you gotta remember all the stuff he did with the divas on screen and off. It's hard to keep a relationship going when your on the road like that let alone with the top star, she looks like a disappointment anyway. look at her statement it looks like she's still trying to throw the fact that they've been together since high school around instead of the classic "we will remain close friends" title. John fix your ****, get on your a game and change your life for the better. AMEN.

Nykid17

It was only time this was going to happen

Garfield

How is she shocked? She cheated on him, he found out, and he filed for divorce.

Really, are you women this moronic? Do you think men are ok with you ****ing anything?

I don't get it.

Ryan

SERIOUSLY! He worked his a** off in that ring dealing with injuries while she probably went shopping with the money HE EARNED lady! I suggest u get over yourself and realize its time to go to work! 3 yrs of marriage with no kids and a signed prenup and u want alimony! I say she is the one with no morals or values! Golddigger is the word that comes to mind!

Ryan

What makes her think she deserves anything? First of all she signed a PRENUP! second it was him that worked his a** off in that ring. Dealing with a hectic schedule and injuries while she sat at home on her a** and spent his money! How does he have no morals or values when she wants money she didnt EARN! Time to go to work yourself sweetheart!

Kris

Wait, wait, wait... She has already hired the attorney and she says John blindsided her with suggesting they divorce? How can that be if she has already hired her attorney before John filed in FL? Something sounds fishy.

Devlin

Blindsided with divorce filing, yet "Cena even approached her recently with a pre-divorce financial settlement agreement -- but Liz refused to sign it". She couldn't see the signs? And the fact that he is filing, perhaps she cheated on him while he was on the road and he found out. Thus why he wanted to end it, but she thought she could fix it.

angie

anyone ever thought that maybe he cheated on her and wanted out ,lets not assume it was her ,who knows

Monica

John Cena being a free man is the best news I have had all day! I have a shoulder you can cry on John!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments