Amber Portwood

Back to Jail

5/11/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0511_amber_portwood_01"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood is back in an Indiana jail cell ... after prosecutors claimed she LIED about having a medical condition to get out of her weekly drug court appointment.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Portwood was a no-show at drug court last week ... after telling officials she was on doctor-ordered bed rest following laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.  Our sources say Amber's attorney told the court she was ordered to remain in bed for 2-3 weeks.

But here's the rub -- we're told Amber's case manager didn't want to take Amber's word for it ... and spoke to the doctor directly ... who called B.S. on the reality star and insisted she WAS well enough to attend her court obligations.

Amber was immediately hauled back to jail for missing the appointment -- and we're told she's expected to stay behind bars for a couple of weeks ... until a judge decides what to do with her.

0117_teen_mom_mugshot_footer_v2

CitySide

She looka like a pig.

Mr. X

All I have to say is this: I underwent the same procedure that she did a few years ago...and my doctors NEVER gave me any sort of bed rest.

Just saying...

Janeen

I would give anything to see her and jenelle in matching orange jumpsuits, chained together picking up garbage on the highway. I would find the money for gas to make that drive. I pray and pray this judge sticks to the last ruling and throws her back for good. Dont make life easy on her.

Charity

She shouldv'e done a little research. I just had that surgery and went back to work 6 days later.

Azzkicker

What do you expect from a stupid fat ugly trailer park slut whose only claim to fame is spreading her legs so she could get knocked up to be on a reality tv series? Throw in her inability to control her temper, her bad judgment and her addiction to money & publicity, and her lying fits in perfectly...

tellmeaboutit

Ugly, useless pig. Nothing new there, tmz, so why do you keep giving this low class garbage attention?

Tesla_Consulting

That is so freakin ghetto.

Aeria

Why this people procreate?

Veronica

What is with her eyebrows!? Why are there only half of them???

Marie

I would sooooo be suing that doctor for violating the hipaa laws. If anything, they should have asked for a note from the doctor. Talking to the doctor directly is out of line, and what's worse..He ANSWERED!

I could give a rats ass about Jennifer, I just can't believe a doc would do that..

SashasOpinion

Well she's a fat waste of life and she's ugly and a bad mom, THAT should be the reason why she's in jail. It should have been illegal for her to make a baby at that age in the first place. But I think it's disgusting that you can go to jail in the Land of the Free for missing an appointment. The jail / prison population is soaring because every governing body in the nation wants too see all of us in jail.

michael Stefanik

Keep Amber Portwood in jail and give custody of child to husband or ex-husband? Clearly she is not fit to be parenting her child properly anytime soon. Plus her violent past to boot!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4