« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star DeSean Jackson

Pulled Over on the Way

to His Own Charity Event

5/12/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0512_DeSean_Jackson_tmz_01
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson was pulled over by law enforcement today while driving to his own charity event this morning ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, DeSean was on his way to a church in Philadelphia when he was pulled over by a state trooper. We're told the trooper seemed to recognize DeSean and began acting very rudely towards him.

Our sources say the trooper told DeSean he pulled him over for having tinted windows and suspected him of driving drunk. We're told the trooper ordered DeSean to perform a field sobriety test (see below). Keep in mind ... this occurred around 9:00 AM.

0512_DeSean_Jackson_tmz_sub
A witness on the scene tells TMZ the trooper was very rough towards DeSean and was yelling at him the entire time. The witness says DeSean never gave the trooper an attitude and followed his instructions at all times.

Eventually, we're told the trooper let DeSean go without a ticket and he made his way to the Triumph Baptist Church in Philly, where the event was being held. DeSean founded the DeSean Jackson Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer after his father died from it in 2009.

Calls to the Pennsylvania State Police were not returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

myopinion

Sounds like he wanted to harass him...SAD SAD SAD!!!!

Don't feed the Trolls

F@ck the Police!!!

Don't feed the Trolls

How in the hell do you get pulled over for tinted windows and DUI on a friq'n Sunday?

Smokey

It is ashame that this behavior continues to occur. Especially after the Trevon Martin incident.The bad part about it is that this behavior is being perpetrated by our own people. Some one needs to tell these people, that no matter how hard they try that they still are black. and in the sight of their white counterparts the are only seen as house ------s, and will never beseen as equal.

that are

@iAlreadyKilldEm

yes people its true, us black folk get harassed by all cops...even black ones. #ItsNotExaggerated

luke duncan

omg where is rev jackson and sharpton not to mention the new black morons.

Eddie

I've heard the audio from the scene
Black cop: I hate your black basterds, you *stink*! I hate your black skin. I hate your black pants. I hate black pepper. I hate black keys on a piano. I hate my gums, because they're black. I hate Whoopi Goldberg's *lips*. I hate the back of Forrest Whittaker's neck. Huh? Most of all, I hate that black-azz Wesley Snipes.

Cordell

Po Po looks like a jealous small punk...lil man complex

Annie

Sounds like a police officer power tripping, needed to flex his muscles. Normal people have to just grin and bear it just like DeSean all the time! But doesn't mean its right. At least he didn't get a ticket.

Joe

black on black crime

ME

How is it racism when 75% of crime is commited by black males? 70% of all inmates are black? and black males only make up 7% of the overall population? Yet everytime someone arrests or profiles a black man everybody screems sacism. I say until it stops walking like a duck than I do not think it is wrong to look very closely at ducks...

confused

the police like our Goverment is out of control.

I love anarchy

When he got out of the car he dropped his keys...

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Hire an attorney and file a complaint against that idiot. The cop stopped him for what he believed was a traffic violation - then conducted a DUI sobriety test b/c he felt the man may be DUI - and after all that - he lets him go without even a traffic ticket?

This is questionable. A complaint against this officer is in order. Clearly the cop was harassing this guy - without reason - if he had a reason he should have given him a citation but he didn't.

If you want to stop this kind of abuse - you have to take action. File a complaint against this officer. He won't be happy when he is up for promotion and this complaint shows up. And he def. will not be happy when he doesn't get that bonus/raise/perk.

You want to act like an idiot on the job? Then you'll be treated like one.

2xEyeCUrPoint

Did you ever wonder if Tony Soprano had second thoughts when he derailed the NJ State Trooper for stopping him?

I'm a State Trooper, meet the god-complex!