Demi Lovato

Signs On

To Judge 'X Factor'

5/13/2012 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0423_demi_lavato_drug_useDemi Lovato has officially signed her deal and will be a judge on the next season of "The X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Demi will be in NYC tomorrow for the FOX Upfronts to announce her joining the show.

Demi is scheduled to tour this summer, but our sources say her "X Factor" schedule shouldn't interfere with her touring.

Lovato should have company tomorrow ... as TMZ previously reported, our sources say Britney Spears will be in NYC to announce she's joining the show as well.

0514_demi_lovato_footer

The PMG

Simon is really grasping at straws....

Lily

LOL she just about to turn 20 this august..... TWENTY YOU GUYS.
born yesterday and will mentoring singers the next day.
awesome. of course i'll watch the show.

SheisHot

At just 19 year old, it will be interesting to see how she does judging other talent. I wish her the best!

christina018

I hope this is true! she is the perfect choice! I feel she would do a GREAT job! I also don't understand where all this negativity about her is from? ya she had an eating disorder and self harmed, but she got help for it, and she is a role model for kids,teens, and adults. She never encouraged drugs or eating disorder or self harm so I don't understand how some people can say she is encouraging it?

Louise

Oh please..none of you ultimately know their situations, Demi and Britney are both professionals and have had a success from their early teens. Both have owned up to their flaws and have dealt with personal problems. They need young perspective from the judging panel and these have had to deal with a lot more than most so who better to mentor and give advice on the ups and downs of making a career out of the music industry.
It's nothing new for musicians and people in the public eye to have problems, heck most people do except it's not plastered all over the world.
I have no idea if they are going to be any good on the show but I say at least give them a chance.

Savvy1

Who the hell is Demi? Wait does this mean Spears is out? I'm confused.

Frank

simon is going for TRAIN WRECK TV! So afraid he won't get ratings without it! No judges with singing crediiblity. How very SAD.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Are they serious? Of all the big names with history, grammys and experience under their belt that choose this dumb bell part tart? I won't watch.

txcn

Who??

campy

I'd like to congratulate her except I don't know who she is or why she's famous. I think I've heard the name Lovato before....oh wait, I'm thinking of Loofa. Nevermind.

Buddy The Elf

Perfect - a couple of 20 somethings that sing what others write/play/produce are going to judge others 'talent.'

Who watches this crap?

Kathy

After the disaster that was last year's judging panel this year's looks sooo much better.

remy

nobody cared about this dumb bitch until she punched out her backup dancer for squealing on her cocaine use then blamed it on an eating disorder and checked into a hotel and pretended to be in rehab

Gaby Z

LOVEEE DEMI LOVATOOOO!!!.. SHE IS INCREDIBLY TALENTEN n AN AMZING HUMAN BEING!!!

SHE SINGS SINCE SHE WAS 4, WRITES HER OWN SONGS SINCE SHE WAS 6, PLAYS GUITAR AND PIANO SINCE THEN.. ITS BEEN ACTING SINCE 8, TAKING LESSONS OF DANCE! AND WORKIN INCREDIBLY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH AND OVERCOME EVERYTHIN SHE HAS!!!

LOVE DEMI LOVATO! AND THANK GOD FOR HER EVERYDAY!!!

LOVE DEMIIIII

ADMIRE DEMIIII

THAMK YOU DEMIIII ~<33333

bf

Almost all pro-Demi posts are from the same person who just registered bunch of accounts. Demi must be posting herself. Would not that be fun.