'Bold and Beautiful' Star

Yup, I'm a Lesbian

5/14/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_joanna-johnson_GETTY
"The Bold and the Beautiful" star Joanna Johnson -- who plays a closeted lesbian on the soap opera -- is now coming out in real life ... saying she's gay too.

Joanna opened up in a recent interview with TV Guide Magazine, saying "I'm here. I'm queer. And I'm just getting used to it."

Joanna tells the magazine, "When I realized I was gay in my early twenties we didn't have role models like Ellen. I'm not anywhere near as famous as those ladies, but I guess it's my turn to do my little part. It's time to live a fully authentic life."

As for fan reaction -- Joanna said, "I would be very sad and hurt if the B&B fans were disappointed I'm a lesbian, or somehow feel betrayed that I kept it secret."

Joanna and her wife Michelle have been together for nine years. They married in 2008. This is the first time Joanna's made a public statement about her sexuality.

agarrison

I think she's Karen Spencer

The Dude

I've decided to come out as a straight male! Someone throw me a friggin' parade! Who the f... cares?

xlllllllx

I kept secret the fact that I was heterosexual for 22 years. Man it felt nice. Didn't think I needed to announce it to the world until now.

Superman

Yeah, because all the heterosexuals have to tell everybody that they are straight with public statements. "Being gay" is like the attention whore of sexual taboos or fetishes. Though, "breastfeeding in public" moms are trying to take the title away. We don't need to hear or see what gets you off...so keep it in the closet or whatever room you keep it or do it at home.

nothng2lose

Guess every star now is gay since OB approves

dsa

Imagine that, another Hollywood homo... and the is news?

SURFCOWBOY

YAYYYYY, marry me

parlayer

what did one lesbian frog say the other?? "See I told you we tasted like chicken" Heard that one from her!

Fifty Shades of WTF

It will be SO AWESOME when being gay, or straight for that matter... is not considered news. It just is.

static

It's 2012 it's not a big deal, Get over yourself.

jean

Gee, I have never had the urge to announce to the world that I'm straight! What is this phenomenon?

PG

Yawn. No one cares.

thomas

Once Romney gets elected, Gays will need to go in hiding or risk having their heads shaved.

Taylor

What is this world coming to?? People are announcing they're gay and they actually happy about it?? This is not what God had in mind when He created us, I guess its just a "free for all and make your own rules" kinda year isnt it? I dont believe in being born this way bc u would be stating that God made a mistake. People who feel God was wrong or just dont believe in Him will look sooooo ridiculous on judgement day.

cari

She woodenly appears on a soap. So the question is....WHO are you? and we don't care.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments