Britney Spears

In NYC for 'X Factor' Announcement

5/14/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051412_britney_spears_launchBritney Spears is getting all gussied up for the big announcement today -- that she and Demi Lovato will join "X Factor" as the new judges.

Negotiations went right down to the wire between Britney and "X Factor" honchos. Her fiance, Jason Trawick, who you also see in the video, along with daddy Jamie Spears (not in video) signed the deal since they are Britney's conservators.

Britney didn't talk as she walked around her hotel -- the swanky Mandarin Oriental, but she did faintly nod affirmatively when asked if she was excited to work with Demi.

One funny thing ... In the clip you also see "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, who says the additions of Britney and Demi to "X Factor" are "hot." Randy clearly knows where his bread is buttered.

FOX will make the announcement at the Upfronts today. Britney and Demi will be front and center.

carlson

the new judges r goo idea,but still wont watch becuz i cant stand LAreid ,alot of people feel the same,get him out

Bu

X Factor and Simon Cowell have both jumped the shark!

Bird

How can you all say Britney Spears is a "has-been"..? Her last album/tour was extremely successful. Just because YOU don't like her music doesn't mean that there aren't millions of people who do. I'm curious to see if she can pull this off. I've never watched X-Factor before because I HATE singing shows, but I might watch the next season just to see how Britney holds up when forced to speak and have her own opinion about something.

News Flash

Who cares

Deviant

I might actually watch it... I really do want to see Britney speak for herself and see how she's going to do live. Lovato tho... I think is a bad choice. Mariah Carey would have been much better, way more unpredictable. Britney and Mariah... good stuff!! I'd totally watch.

Lisa

Do you think Simon chose them because he knows they have issues and issues mean more ratings. If one of them call in sick, you know the media will be all over X-factor to find out the real reason.

gon_escu@hotmail.com

britney may not be known for her voice but you have to agree she is one of the best performers of history, think she has a said on wheter someone is capable or not to succeed. Why then has she been famous during her ups and downs and folowed by millions of fans. She is definately one of the most simbolic icons of pop culture in the world.

Sue

This show has turned into a joke with Britney judging. Her handlers think America is stupid. You can't have it both ways. She is either too sick to handle anything or she is not. I believe the judge knows she is sick but, of course, dad wants more money. What a bunch of has been losers.

Jay

OMG congrats here my reaction to the judge news.....I'm so proud of you...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz4Mnee32fg

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3