Bryce Dallas Howard

It Takes a Village

5/14/2012 7:14 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0514_bryce_dallas_howard_NPGFour months after giving birth, "The Help" star Bryce Dallas Howard was spotted exercising her post-pregnancy legs on a walk with her adorable baby daughter Beatrice in L.A. this weekend.

The 31-year-old -- who also has a 5-year-old son with hubby Seth Gabel -- kept it casual on her mother-daughter afternoon excursion in a pair of comfy sweats and slippers.

Bryce -- who's currently nominated for an MTV Movie Award for "Best On-Screen Dirtbag" -- knows raising two kids is a total workout.

0514_bryce_dallas_howard_before_baby_footer

Pidge

Where's the respect here? She created a beautiful new life.

Keyser Söze

Whoa... she really packed up the pounds on this pregnancy.

But, ultimately, it doesn't matter - she will always remains a hot ginger for me. Just need a couple of months at the gym, with a nutritionist, and she'll back all of her hottest.

palermo

Tell the truth, we all know people whose kids have graduated high school and they are still this big after pregnancy. This woman will diet and exercise her way back to her original body because she's an actress. Everybody doesn't have to pretend to be a spokesperson for WW, Jenny Craig etc. She'll lose it in her own time.

Julia

Wow, you guys are really cruel.

ChrisH

Wow, she really packed on some weight! I thought she was still pregnant!

Cindy

Fatty McFat ****! There is no excuse for being THAT big! I'm guessing that those women who are making excuses for her major weight gain, are over weight too.

JB

If you have never had a baby, you need to back off! Pregnancy completely changes your body. It is nice to see a real woman 4 months after delivery vs most celebrities who look like they never delivered! Everyday people don't have the $$ to have a live-in trainer, nanny, chef, etc. If she had any medical issues or is not breastfeeding, weight loss is very difficult after giving birth.

Sophie

What do you expect? TMZ puts a title insinuating she is big as a village. They encourage stupid comments like the ones we read here. She gave birth and she is enjoying motherhood instead of concentrating on making movies and looking skinny. Nothing wrong with that.

MrsFitz

I am 6 months pregnant and I think this is BADDDD. You do not need to eat for 2. I have only put on 20 pounds and even though I crave Cheeseburgers I eat healthy for the baby. I also work out 4x a week and have a fully time job as an Investment Banker. OHHH and I am 40yrs old. Its hard work but will be worth it in the end. Being pregant doesnt give you an excuse to pig out!

CC - THE ORIGINAL

OK...pregnant and weight gain is one thing....eating "buttered pop tarts" is another. In other words...being pregnant is NOT an excuse to eat like a small farm animal!!
AND, 9 times out of 10, too much weight often gives the mother more problems than not.
And, no one is saying go to the gym, yoga, etc like some of the other Hollywood moms...just walking up and down the stairs in your house is exercise!! March in place...lift small dumbells or canned peas for christ sake.
Sorry, I've had too many friends do the "I'm eating for 2" deal...THEN, they're crying later..."why did I eat so much"...so eat a freakin salad now and quit bitchin to me!!!

Cindy

Being pregnant does not give you the excuse to over eat and lay on your ass for 9 months. I had my child when I was 31 years old. I did not allow myself to look like her after 4 months. I simply ate healthier and took long walks everyday. At what point do you stop using the excuse that you "just had a baby?" I absolutely believe that those mom's who remain fat for several years after they've had a baby are just using excuses to over eat and not exercise.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

I have a suggestion TMZ....maybe instead of "Hate" there can be a choice like "dislike" OR better yet "agree" and "disagree", "hate" is stupid for comments in posts...either you Agree or Disagree with someones opinion

alex

thank god she has the self esteem to not feel the need to starve herself and work out incessantly to drop baby weight. I always knew i liked this family!

Carl

I know it is ridiculous how fast some celebrity moms snap back into shape after giving birth. But being that fat 4-months after giving birth is not a good thing. She doesn't need to crash diet, but she needs to be on some health plan to start shedding pounds.

I love anarchy

Nothing wrong with this!! If anything, give her credit for being a real person that cares more about her kids than ignoring her kids to spend every second in the gym!! Good for her and especially good For her daughter who might actually get a real mom instead of a hollywood nanny while mom is taking the credit for being a so called mom