Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

abby

=*( his brother will surely be lost w/ out his best buddy. thoughts are w/ him and his swamp family.

Kim Clingan

really sad...... my prayers are with Glenn and the rest of the familyy... You will be sorely missed. Thanks for letting us into your world> RIP Mitchell!!!

Lee

That sucks to hear about him. I always liked to watch him and his brother, cause they looked like to be the ones on the show that did what they did cause it was more of a passion than a job. RIP

Wanda Courtney

OMG! I like those two brothers they are a great pair. my husband and I have set up all night before watching the whole series' God Bless his family in their time of need. Gonna miss him on the show. RIP

Candy Cook Knotts

My family and I really enjoyed watching Mitchell and his brother on Swamp People. He will be Greatly Missed. Our hearts go out to his brother Glenn.

Tammie

To all the heartless and obscene comments from some of you people disgust me. Judge not people. I hope people have such high remarks to make about you too when you damn die. They were only making the most out of life with what they were given just like the rest of us. You people need to start keeping your snide comments to yourself. RIP Swamp Man!!!!

donnie henson

R.I.P. MITCHELL, WERE SURE GOING TO MISS U. MAY GOD BE WITH U GLENN. lOVE YA'LL'S PART OF THE SHOW.

Bill Ottinger

I will really miss him, and my heart goes out to Glenn and his family. Stay strong Glenn my friend, for he is in a better place.

nothng2lose

R.I.P sad to hear this.

craig

rRIP my good dude...chin up to his brother,at least the world saw what a good guy was out there in the swamp with the rest of the pecker heads on the show that come here to NY and ask what sewer has gators..true story,rip and peace to Glen

craig

Peace to Glenn and may your brother RIP...glad Hollywood didnt mean **** to you guys,thats why you have so many paying respect..the rest suck a*%&^,CHOOT HIM CHOOT HI...BUY MY HAT THAT SAYS CHOOT HIM...HEY THERS GATORS IN DEM SEWRES DRP A DERP

Stumpy

What a shame. I'm happy that I got to enjoy him for a small time.

Angel Feliciano

huge fan 0f swamp people especially guist brothers he will be missed glen hope you are doing well god bless and thanks for entertaining us on swamp people. also a shout out to my boy tommy

jeannie

Love Troy but these brothers could have been the stars of the show if they had been given more air time..

Angel Feliciano

very sad to here love swamp people hope glen is well god bless and thanks for keeping us entertain also big shout out to joe and tommy your the best