Britney Spears

Big 'X Factor' Announcement

5/14/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051412_xfactor_judges_launch
It's the biggest TV news in a long time -- Britney Spears officially signing on to judge the next season of "X Factor" for $15 MILLION -- but Brit looked nervous during the big announcement today.

Simon Cowell made the announcement moments ago at the Upfronts in New York -- publicly unveiling the two newest judges on "X Factor" ... Britney and Demi Lovato.

But unlike Demi, Britney sort of pulled a poker face when Simon called her name.

And when Britney briefly spoke, she sounded nervous, saying, "I am so excited about this whole experience. It's gonna be so much fun and so different from anything I've ever done and I'm ready to find the true star." Demi added, "I am totally stoked to be here!"

Yeah, we bet you are.

Fifty Shades of WTF

Big news? No, it really isn't. I don't get it.

Javadude54

Does her conservator have to approve her votes?

DaveT

Put Kevin Federline in as a judge, I might watch...maybe baby.

Don Martin

Like a bunch of sheep, people are going to follow this around??? I'll take Dick Clark's, "Rate a Record" anytime over these phoneys.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Just think of it...She'll be mentoring those youngters on how to shave their heads, attack automobiles with umbrellas, stay married for only 52 hours and have two kids by her backup dancer in no time and STILL won't be able to teach them how to sing. Only in Hollyweird.

jd

SHE TWEETED A PICTURE OF HER SMILING........................

Karma

Biggest star on the planet um no biggest train wreck on the planet is more like it.

Fletch F Fletch

If I know singers, and I do, she is thinking how much she would rather be getting all this attention as a singer rather than some reality TV personality.
The money is good, the job is fun - but it ain't making music.

janet

How the hell do you so call judge someone elses talent when you don't have actual talent.

Britney Spears is 30 years old. Has not done a thing in over 10 years. Without all the hype and promotions Britney Spears fell flat fast.

Spears made alot of money. Hell, 15 mil to jugde other people.

Kartrashian Klown

I saw Dax in the morning saying smoething about Gwen Stefani possibly being considered to be the host of this show next season? That is stupid. I think Gwen should have been the last judge and Demi should have been the host. I like Britney for a judge but I don't know if it would last...maybe next season she will want double the salary. I am no fan of Demi.

Seldombinlaid

Simon, you have messed up badly. American Idol is going to bury you. Paula should have never been canned. Demi? Please.... I can see Britney. This show is going to be a wash out.

Blanca

Britney you look so hot, love your body. I'm looking forward to watching the X Factor only because of you and I'm not watching the Voice ever again I hate Pig-Tina and tired of her stuffing herself into outfits that do not fit and she is nothing but a very bitter selfish spoiled woman.

Unbelievable

It's all about RATINGS and not about finding the next true superstar. Ratings on the first season of the X-Factor sucked and Simon Cowell was very embarrassed after boasting it would beat American Idol. Britney Spears will be his whipping doll to BOAST RATINGS. Maybe to her 15 million is worth the verbal abuse for a few weeks.

Doll

Akward...

Patty in MN

Simon Cowell just sunk his own show.