Britney Spears

Big 'X Factor' Announcement

5/14/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051412_xfactor_judges_launch
It's the biggest TV news in a long time -- Britney Spears officially signing on to judge the next season of "X Factor" for $15 MILLION -- but Brit looked nervous during the big announcement today.

Simon Cowell made the announcement moments ago at the Upfronts in New York -- publicly unveiling the two newest judges on "X Factor" ... Britney and Demi Lovato.

But unlike Demi, Britney sort of pulled a poker face when Simon called her name.

And when Britney briefly spoke, she sounded nervous, saying, "I am so excited about this whole experience. It's gonna be so much fun and so different from anything I've ever done and I'm ready to find the true star." Demi added, "I am totally stoked to be here!"

Yeah, we bet you are.

Gumah

Choosing Britney Spears to judge a show like this implies that she has "talent", so that she can recognize it in someone else. I find that highly laughable, sorry.

Sarah

I feel so sorry for Britney everyone around her is just using her. I remember Simon dissing Britney a few years ago and saying she would never make it on the first round of X Factor and he always used to say she was talentless now suddenly he wants her on his show? He is clearly just using her for ratings and publicity for the show since nobody cares about the X Factor. Also you got the creepy fiance and controlling father pushing her to do this to get the 15m I doubt Britney will see a penny of that money. I saw that video and you can tell from her body language that she was very nervous and uncomfortable being there. This poor woman has no control over anything and has a team of men basically telling her everything she has to do. Nobody deserves that kind of life and its unfair on her even if she is mentally ill that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to live her life how she wants to. As Ive said before unless shes totally out of her mind which I doubt there is no reason why they need to be controlling her so much.

JustAnotherFatAmerican

I guess you don't have to have talent to judge talent?

markei

Britney is flawless again and with her CAREER and LIFE experience IS the most suitable person to be a judge on x-factor
..anyone who disagrees with that lives in ****IN 2007 !!

leah

Lol hes desperate for ratings this ugy loud mouth arroagnt pig shirst open thats outrdated Hes an old guy oh how sexy simon the ass Hes so ugly square head and all Im lol and the swamp sleaze, kids i heard were swearing and mimicki mom drunk and thta jason is so uglly no sharp guy would date her simon knows she a sex slut, only good for one thing ,her poor kids, she has no class or modesty A product of a drunken father and sleaze mother, rating is all he wanted ans sex , she will be like nis freak for ratings by the people lol

jason

If Britney could sing, I'd say go for it. But she can't. Simon has turned his show into a laughing stock.

squeakermama

I think the whole thing came off as really awkward. Did someone gas the crowd before they came out?

Jay W.

Britney is hot... add crazy, makes her even hotter!

janet

britney spears is getting $15million to judge others. great gig.

afifz

I understand why Britney was chosen as a judge. because she is a NEWSMAKER! And all of you who are here have been drawn into commenting on everything Britney did. LOL!
I LOVE Britney!

Christopher Hill

tim d fender board mustang amp

Gaga4ever

She is the biggest superstar to have ever become a judge on a TV show! She is getting paid more than Christina and Jlo. She will definitely bring in the ratings because she is a pop icon. Good job simon!

Also, she didn't look nervous to me.

PJames85

Except she clearly has that big britney wide open mouth smile numerous times.. hmmmmm...????

BobbyIsAMonster

Why is everyone acting like Britney's gonna fail on this show? No matter what she's been through in her personal life, she's been in this business for almost 20 years, starting with the Mickey Mouse Club. The X-Factor is no biggie for her.

Billy Bob