Britney Spears

'X Factor' Announcement Was a Bloody Nail-biter

5/15/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bloody nails belonging to Britney Spears.
No one was more nervous to see and hear reassembled pop princess Britney Spears at her big $15 million "X Factor" announcement  yesterday than Britney herself ... at least judging from her chewed up and bloody fingernails.

Despite the unwavering support from her new boss Simon Cowell, Britney seems to be taking out her pre-show anxiety on her cuticles ... a problem she's been dealing with for years.

In fact, Britney made a New Year's resolution to drop the habit in 2008, saying ... "Next year, I have to learn to stop biting my nails! I would like to stop worrying so much, because I worry all the time."

0515_britney_footer

Faye

I hope she does well.

Amber

Bless her heart... and yes I'm from the South... LOL

charlei harper

She has always appeared (to me) to be hygenicaly challenged and someone is correct in stating that her eyes look dead...no soul...maybe she is medicated.

Pudding Tang

she's worried that she might forget to put on underwear again like a schizophrenic retard

GRITS

Everyone stop being soooo angry...Give the girl a break. After her meltdowns, she seems to be doing alright now - she even has a full head of hair!!!

PatTheCat215

She is still so f*cking sexy. I hope she kills it.

Guerre

I knew a guy who was cured of biting his nails by getting a job working in the city sewer system, fixing clogs and whatnot. This could work for Brittney just as well, assuming that the sewer workers could lower their standards enough to let her in.

MISERABLE66

Ewww So gross!

nick

Man she is busted up..........She really looks bad

stu

EWWWWW GRRRRRRRRRRRRROSS!!!!!!!!

Kelli Brown

after her shaved head an stuff..an the umbrella bald freakout. she's mental. an cant even sign her own contract!

hummm

wow, could you please write a note (asap) to let us know how her split ends are feeling now, we want to make the cuticles jealous. ask the dumb long hair blondie guy to write it.

royalredus

Ouuuuuch!! That middle finger looks like it hurts!! It's not to this extent, but I have been guilty of taking a hangnail too far and messing with the skin. I always get so mad b/c it hurts for a couple days and is SO unsightly! This has to be embarrassing for her - I hope she can break the habit.

JMJ

TMZ- Unfortunately my nails look similar because I just had acrylic nails removed. Leave her alone, she's doing well.

LINDA

Britney I hope your not reading any of this trash. You are a great talent and beautiful soul. I would take all of your money take the people you trust and go live on a farm. Just get away. Get away from Hollywood.