Britney Spears

'X Factor' Announcement Was a Bloody Nail-biter

5/15/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bloody nails belonging to Britney Spears.
No one was more nervous to see and hear reassembled pop princess Britney Spears at her big $15 million "X Factor" announcement  yesterday than Britney herself ... at least judging from her chewed up and bloody fingernails.

Despite the unwavering support from her new boss Simon Cowell, Britney seems to be taking out her pre-show anxiety on her cuticles ... a problem she's been dealing with for years.

In fact, Britney made a New Year's resolution to drop the habit in 2008, saying ... "Next year, I have to learn to stop biting my nails! I would like to stop worrying so much, because I worry all the time."

0515_britney_footer

Jay W.

Very nasty habit... Though it makes it easier for girls to masturb....

Jay W.

I like this girl... and I wish her the best !

Joann

I feel her pain just looking at that picture. This person needs mental help. Different meds or something. I usually try to avoid being negative on threads about women but this is frightening.

Bo

Digusting pic.... amazing.. that Simon Cowel paid $15 mil for a dirty individual.

justsaying23

OMG...how does biting nails equate to a serious mental issue? I know quite a few women that bite their nails to this point but they aren't going out of their mind and show no signs of OCD or anything like that. They just have a nasty habit. I have also seen people break themselves of this happen with no help from a doctor. It just takes serious self control to overcome it.

Smarg

Simon, good luck with a bipolar manic depressive employee. She's nucking futs.

your not all that

Shes no fricken nasty. Good job Simon. Your show sucked to begin with. Now throw in a couple nasty used up mickey mouse kids and LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL

nn

Wow, look at her face and look at those eyes - she looks really spaced out, overly sedated. I don't know about this, just doesn't seem right.....

IceGypsy

I like the girl, but I don't think she's got what it takes for this job. She's not only going to be judging, but she will have to mentor a group of people as well. An imminent very expensive train wreck is ahead.

suuzie

If, Brittany had talent she would have less stress. She knows deep down she is a fraud.

dj

sh*t, i've always wanted to bang her.

dd

That girl has serious issues.

Bellaca

DEAD EYES. DEAD HORSE. LET IT REST IN PEACE.

Jdawg

That is just nasty ! Was she a member of the Donner Party?

nyb

Who is doing her make-up?? They should be shot! She's so pretty but you cant tell behind all the eye liner!!!