Britney Spears

Chewing Gum During

'X Factor' Interview

5/15/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0515_britney_spears-ipadBritney Spears spoke to FOX cameras before she took the stage at yesterday's Upfronts ... and she did so while chewing a piece of gum. Ding dang, y'all!!!

Britney ditched the gum by the time she went in front of the advertisers ... so clearly someone caught a glimpse of Brit's red carpet faux pas and corrected it.

For what it's worth ... Simon Cowell was chewing away too!

The gum wasn't the only thing Britney was chompin' on during yesterday's festivities -- Brit took a few bites out of her fingernails, too.

0515_britney_spears_gum_footer

lovetohatecelebs

Simon was chewing gum like a crazy person, looks like he's already terrified of how Britney is going to respond and react.

Britney looks so nervous and absolutely TERRIFIED. Her poor nails said enough judging by those pictures. She looks like she wants to kill herself already. LET THIS GIRL REST HER MIND, YA'LL, SHE NEEDS TO RETIRE!!

Oh, and there is no chemistry between any them.

snowboardchick

I thought she looked healthy, mature, happy and beautiful....I don't want to see her do bad

TheMarshmallowMan

What a waste of 15 million dollars, that money would be better spent on fu_cking charity

happyday

Britney reminded me of Courtney Love here. Yikes. They all seemed irritated and not happy to be there. They're making ME feel nervous!

lcmb

Wow. Britney is as dumb as a stump. Sorry I won't be watching, but I got enough of dumb blondes with Anna Nicole Smith. I'll pass.

Jillian

Simon....What the hell's the matter with you. Brittney Spears and Demi Lovato??????? I thought you wanted to have a successful show.

News Flash

Omg the poor girl is under so much pressure. Shame on you TMZ for criticizing her every move.

mannequin

The man in the background is chewing gum too. This is horrible, I can't believe this is happening.

road_angel

So whats the big deal having a fresh breath. She stopped chewing when asked a question. And Simon was chomping away . Media is nutz making a big to do about nothing. How about the positive side she handled the interviewer question well. She seemed put together in her thoughts and on her A game. Well done Brit.

Clytemnestra

Money, no matter how much you have, cannot buy you class. Gum chomping pig with chewed down fingernails or older Lothario with shirt open to his navel thinking he's still a young stud.

Dita Wildflower

BREAKING NEWS
britney spears just farted

road_angel

Isabella

yes I see Britney chewing gum, but Simon look´s like a cow

JoAnna

I would have a nervous breakdown too if people CRITICIZED everything about me right down to when I am CHEWING GUM??!!!??? GOD TMZ- NON ISSUE. We are sad. No human can stand this much SCRUTINY unscathed -

nyc44th

Gum? Man she is such a hayseed! She has no class!