Ryan Seacrest

Buys Ellen DeGeneres'

$49 Mil Estate

5/15/2012 10:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

New estate belonging to Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest has snagged Ellen DeGeneres' amazing Beverly Hills estate, which was listed for a cool $49 million, and he paid close to the asking price ... TMZ has learned.

Seacrest, who is reportedly worth $125 million and rakes in $45 million a year (these reports are sometimes off -- he probably makes more) ... will be the proud owner of the 9,200 square foot main house, 3 guest houses, and a couple of cement ponds. The estate sits on 2.87 acres -- for Bev Hills, that's huge. It basically covers an entire block.

Our sources say Ryan is paying within a couple of million dollars of the asking price. The deal is in escrow and it will close this week.

One realtor -- Kurt Rappaport -- repped both Ryan and Ellen in the deal ... nice commission.

The house was formerly owned by Max Mutchnick, co-creator of "Will and Grace." Ellen paid $29 mil, but then purchased the adjacent properties.

It pays to have 20 jobs.

tigress

I could live there, it would be an adjustment but I could manage. :)

KicksandGiggles

Anybody still think the rich should not pay their taxes in proportion to their income like the rest of us????

jerjer

damn. i wish i had that kind of money

Timmy Boy

Yeah but she is a lezbo, so it cancels each other out.

Bethy

Yup.... definitely signs that he's getting ready to pop the question to Julianne. It's not like he was living in a dump before, though... his current place is described as, "Built in 1974, the 10,000 square-foot Mediterranean villa boasts six bedrooms and six and a half baths with space for a bar, a screening room, a massive wine cellar, and a gym. A guesthouse, tennis court, and swimming pool with cabana are also on the premise, which is safely guarded behind wrought-iron gates on nearly an acre with canyon and city views."

I suppose one guest house wasn't enough anymore... he needed three. Rich People.

andre`

Ryan seems like a cool guy.

BOBBO

looks like a gay old place

ktsashirts

Proud of you Ryan. Keep up the good work.

CA Girl

What an absolutely stunningly beautiful property whether he owns it or somebody else does. Wow. Money talks. If you have the money to buy this, you don't have to worry about taxes. Taxes - that's the least of your problem. Hokey smoke. Fantasy island.

Selebraties Suck

LMFAO at these hollywad hypocrites

Quinn

That other guy who used to cohost AI when it first started but then got the DWI - has got to be pissed the funk off.

Patricia Filmmaker Tone

I would NEVER buy a $49M house... I wonder if he'd let me live in one of those guest houses lmbo

OnlineCriticChick

this makes me SICK. Its DISGUSTING to think of the ENORMOUS amount of good not even a third of that money could have done. One person needing all that? COME ON. Ill die before I ever become that obsessed with materials and objects and not Humanity. So Sad.

Polly

I don't know what I'd do with a house that large. It has three guest homes, and I can just imagine my friends trying to crash there.

PokerStar

It is fit for a queen, right Ryan?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments