Jay-Z

I Support Gay Marriage

5/15/2012 8:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0515_jayz_obama_01
Jay-Z says he STRONGLY believes gay people deserve the right to get married ... claiming discriminating against a gay person is the same as discriminating against a black person.

Jay -- arguably the most powerful person in hip hop -- discussed the issue with CNN ... saying President Obama's decision to come out in support of gay marriage was "the right thing to do."

“I’ve always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love."

He continued, "That’s their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”

Stormy

Our rights are being taken away on a daily basis, the economy is in the toilet, and were concerned about gay rights at this time...WTF!! Is this a f*cking joke?!?!

mulan

I'm so proud of him- as a black person I've being saying this for a longtime- discrimination is so wrong, I don't understand why people cant not mind business and leave people alone- Gay people are not bothering you so why you hating on them for

Jean

OK I fully agree with Jay Z and Obama, at the end of the day it is really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS if someone chooses to sleep with a male or female in their own home or be together for ever. It does not hurt anybody, if anything brings happiness to two individuals which should be encouraged. For goodness sake this is the 21st Century stop living in the ancient times. The way I see it is that it is natures way of population control.

If you use the bible to support your hatred to homosexuality, you must understand a few things first:

The word Homosexuality did not exist when the bible was written, therefore any bible that has that word in it has been translated incorrectly.

It is interesting that many people pick and choose what to preach from the bible. In the old testament it demoralizes and puts down women amongst other things, however this is hardly ever talked about.

Do you realize why? Because it was understood that the bible was written thousands of years ago and every single detail in it should not be taken literally.

We see the faults of our ancestors and improve upon them, this is how society progresses.

babygirlsnonnie

Well..... now that JayZ has put his stamp of approval on the gay marriage debate I guess we can all rest a little easier now huh?? Whatever....

DaveT

Yeah yeah Jay-Z....too bad Obama doesn't.
Obama flip-flopped 4 times on gay marriage, conveniently before elections. Liar liar pants on fire :D
Curious...what do you buy gay men for wedding gifts? And gay women?
Sure, they're just ordinary people like us, but still...you gotta wonder if they get waffle irons, wine, bath towels, bread makers, edible underwear....

Sheila Shigley

Jay-Z is a HOOD RAT who doesn't know what he is talking about! If you ask the Black people and they simply don't think it is discrimination against gay marriage.

Liz

WHo the F@ck cares what this illiterate moron thinks??? Can someone explain to him teh difference between a RACE- BLACK and a LIFESTYLE-GAY...
so, the pedophiles could have the same argument, right Jay-Z??

jason

A black person supporting something Obama does is a shocker to me.. Who would have thunk it.

Joann

Live and let live, I say. If two consenting adults want to enter into the same contract worthy of the misery that comes with living in close quarters with another adult - then so be it. Who am I to get in the way of anyone's misery. I'll pass on marriage again. Thanks anyway.

jbeans

I think these "celebrities" should keep thier opinions to their selves. Do they think because they endorse something that the public will jump on the bandwagon? it just might have the opposite effect if you don't like that celebrity.

LittleBIt

Dude sure does like to see himself on TV on all these talk shows he continually goes on. WTF is the president of the U.S. doing on a f-ing talk show???????
You are not a celebrity, a-hole, you are the f-ing president. ACT LIKE IT!!!
YOU ARE SO OUTTA HERE COME NOVEMBER.

Eli7798

lol, all this gay talk is making everyone gay! How about everyone stick a banana up there but and the one's that smile are gay and the one's that cry are strait. Problem solved! Also, Jay Z is the biggest homophobe out there, their is no way this guy is for gay marriage he's just an Obama lover which if you think about it makes him GAY!

Joey

Maybe Jay-Z should run for President. He couldn't be worse then Obama

LIgal629

I also support same sex marriage. I have gay friends and who are we to say they can't share their lives as we do? Being able to be on each others benefits, life ins., etc...what goes on behind closed doors is no ones business. Just my opinion.

TJ

Tell me again why I care about his opinion??