Simon Cowell

Not Worried About Britney

Melting Down

5/15/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051512_cowell_nyc_launch2

Simon Cowell isn't bothered one bit at the prospect of Britney Spears falling apart during a live episode of "X Factor" ... insisting whatever happens will be ratings GOLD!!

Simon was leaving ABC Kitchen in NYC last night after a dinner date with the other new "X Factor" judge Demi Lovato  ... when we asked the $15 million question -- "Are you nervous with Britney being on live TV?"

Some people are concerned about Brit because of her ongoing mental health issues ... highlighted by the fact she's still under a conservatorship. Simon is NOT one of those people.

As for dinner with Demi -- we're guessing Simon paid ... since she's only scoring a mere $1 million for the gig ... table scraps compared to Britney.

Trish

I can honestly say I wont be watching this year. I watched last year because I loved Simon and paula together. I still may have watched depending on who he got but I have no interest in seeing a girl that was so completely unable to cope with her own career give advise to someone else about theirs. Seriously? How does anyone think that's a good idea?

bagladey

What's with the "ongoing mental issues" TMZ? What are they? TMZ is malicious.

northern gypsy

"ratings gold" indeed !!! not only do i question B.S. stability S.C. is getting a raised eyebrow...shame on you for even saying that...clearly this fellow doesn't take failure very well and will go to any length to succeed !!!

Joel Kauftheil

Demi Lovato?Really?...Come on son...

Sapphiegirl

I'd be more worried about Demi Lovato punching someone sitting behind her for no reason before I would worry about Britany Spears

tracker

You should worry about how to get her to DRESS DOWN.....

nikki6

She's not going to have a melt down, her handlers keep her heavily medicated to keep that from happening

lee

The only "ongoing mental health issues" are the ones TMZ is toting around.

Reed

My opinion of Simon has dropped to an all time low. I used to respect his opinion but it's all about the money, I see.

John

They never use the BP word .

Anna

I was under the impression that the only reason she is still in a conservatorship, is so she doesn't have to testify in the Sam Lutfi trial. I think she will do fine as a judge, but we all know her critiques will be short and sugar-coated... probably fed to her through an earpiece.

Uh

"Some people are worried about Britney's mental health...". Some people meaning the brain challenged TMZ staff. Um..what's the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist? What is mental health? What is the difference between neurosis and psychosis? What is paranoid behavior? What is normalcy? So you're going to diagnose someone as mentally ill based on TV and tabloid fodder?

JDUB

Simon just needs some gold chains to accentuate that shirt unbuttoned down to his navel look.

Straight Talkin Texan

I didn't hear Cowell insist "whatever happens will be ratings GOLD!!" Shame on you, TMZ!

alex

Si's not worried about her nutting up; he's bloody PRAYING she does!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments