'American Idol'

We Really, Really Want

Jennifer Lopez Back

5/16/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516_jennifer_lopez_american_idol_article
Jennifer Lopez isn't sure if she'll come back for a third season of "American Idol," but the big cheese on the show says he wants her back in the worst way.

"A.I." EP Nigel Lythgoe tells TMZ, "We want her back. I want her back." Nigel is reacting to Lopez' comment on "Ellen," saying, "I don't know if I can go for a third year. I miss doing other things. It really does lock you down."

Nigel says, "I know how much she loves doing the show and how much she cares for the kids."  That said, Nigel adds, "It's a business. She has to weigh everything. I know she's gotten lots of offers to do movies and other things."

Ever the optimist, Nigel says by saying she "doesn't know" if she'll come back, it's classic negotiations, which means the door is open. Welcome to Hollywood.

051612_jlo_ellen_launchv2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

remyr12

Her career made noise again when American Idol took her. New ads, endorsements, cds, etc. people noticed her again. Leave Idol,let us see how long the noise would last.

Henry007

Jennifer is the richest woman on Forbes Magazine today what does she care bout TV she's a singer actress and filthy stinking rich, I believe idol can find a new judge like Micky Rouke or John Travolta Mel Gibson Henry Winkler Betty White Marve Albert Joan Rivers Kathy Lee You know like that.

bluzzone

She'd boring.Let her go.Get Stevie Nicks.

Kate

After her first year she rode in on Steven Tyler's heatwave and claimed it as her own. It wasn't her tiresome personality and below standard singing and dancing. If the decision makers analyze t'he reaction they received from Steven's spontaneity they may realize this coming year will have much competition, and they will have to utilize what they've got in him, and mix up the format a bit to showcase his unique interactions to stay on top. JLo is dull and drones on in an annoying and boring way. She should be replaced.

Victumm

Let her go. What she did when Jessica was voted off by the public audience was such an insult and leads one to believe that perhaps American Idol is rigged! If that girl wins I will never watch AI again! Jennifer is a terrible judge and if you are not on the same page she shuts down and pouts. I think she should be spending more quality time with her children.

jeremiec

Just get rid of all the judges and watch your rating skyrocket. JLO's thoughts are hardly those of the American public, in facts most of the things she says are embarrassing to Americans.

GeminiDream

For God's sake, let her GO!! She used the show to self-promote herself for the last two seasons!!

breathe

Ummm.. She wants out. Too much publicity for being the wh*re that she is. By the way. Next time you speak of the Bronx and going back to your P. Diddy days. Do NOT SAY all in the Bronx love hip-hop!!! You lost me and many as fan after that. We were metal heads s*ut* Still are in our 40's. You know what you can do with White Plains Road.

Rene

Personally, I think it's disgusting the amount of money hollywood actors make. How much is enough for cripes sake? And JLO cant sing, I am sorry - she is a product, a very beautiful woman, NOT SEXY but she tries hard.... I'm getting sick of the whole shabang.....

Wishbone

she is aging soooo fast

DJo

Didn't this scenario happen last year? More money please!

Mike

Oh please plastic girl--Don`t come back--Maybe then i might watch the show again---NOT---

connie

yes give JLO the money she wants she is that good...let her finish her tour and in the mean time let jimmy help out with randy and tyler with the auditions..he is a well known to us on the show and when jen finish her tour let her fill in where jimmy left off. i think that will work out for JLO and all of us that love to watch her on the show.

Chris

No we really really don't want Lopez back.. She needs to play with Casper the dancing snow cone and stay off TV.

nikko

Let her leave and get Beyonce. She would be great.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5