« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather

I Support Gay Marriage

... Unlike Pacquiao

5/16/2012 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516_mayweather_manny_01
Floyd Mayweather is squaring off against Manny Pacquiao ... and once again it's NOT in the ring -- this time they're fighting over gay marriage.

With the media still buzzing over Manny's controversial condemnation of gay marriage ... Pretty Boy Floyd released a counter-statement on Twitter ... saying, "I stand behind President Obama & support gay marriage."

He added, "I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want."

These two can't agree on anything ... so we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Al in SoCal

I just became a Floyd Mayweather fan.

Matrix111

uh yea ok so why does he call people "f@ggot in heated arguements?? Supports gay marriage but calls people "F@GS" yea ok dude http://youtu.be/ML1fd8UBnXE

Mara

wow! is that a sign of desperation? i bet if pacquiao supports gay marriage, gayweather will be against it and then call pacquiao gay for supporting it. what a ***..

Treena Maldidier

Is the loser not going to jail for beating his wife ??? WHO CARES WHAT HE THINKS!!!!

Charles

Just found it hypocritical how Floyd claims that he believes that "people should live their life the way they want."

Ok, we'll how come he has a problem with Manny living his life the way HE wants?

Manny wasn't going around condemning gay people. He was being interviewed and was asked about how HE felt about gay marriage.
So, he answered the question.

I find it so hypocritical when a community who claims stand for equality and freedom of expression and individuality for all gets all up in arms when someone who may not support homosexuality expresses their beliefs.

Why is it only ok for gays and their supporters to say and do and live and believe in whatever THEY want, but it's not ok for people who don't support homosexuality to believe as THEY want to?

Note to the homosexual community: You want equality and the right to freedom of expression and individuality? Then stop trying to surpress the freedoms and the right of expression and individuality of those who's beliefs differ from yours.

msdawndawn

Pacquiao can believe what ever he wants. It is a part of freedom. His beliefs are not hurting me or anyone. I guess that is why man invented the word "TOLERANCE" for an occasion like this. I think we need to dust off this word a little more & put it in practice.

Thomas Jefferson

"I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want." That could mean anything under the sun and Harvey would print it.

MaLi

Who gives a **** about his broken English opinion...CTFU

elpablo

Just goes to show even more how confused Mayweather is. You really have to question someone's mental state when they think that something so perverted and unnatural as homosexual "marriage" is ok. Have fun in prison loser!!

neelia1025

Mayweather is full of crap... This is a man who beats women up and tells the world he supports gay marriage?!!! now what kind of BS is that? and people believe that piece of S*^#? he will try to get as much publicity as much as he can.... oh, I guess he thinks this is American Idol and get some sympathy votes....

jason

Pacman should have his mouth shut on this and keep himself on boxing only-- he is now big headed and forgot his roots. He will fall down one of these days and all his money will go down with him. With all the money he's got, he should help out other boxers in the Philippines. My advice: Stop the drama and concentrate on your boxing career...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7