Lane Garrison

Teaching Prisoners

A Lesson

5/16/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516_lane_garrison_getty
Lane Garrison
is putting on a real show in jail -- TMZ has learned, the former "Prison Break" star is teaching acting classes ... to his fellow prisoners.

Sources tell TMZ, the L.A. County Sheriff has Lane mentoring about 20 prisoners as part of the "Merit" program -- designed to teach marketable real-world skills to inmates.

In addition to acting, we're told Lane is also giving a crash course in screenwriting as part of the program.

And get this -- Lane's so moved by the experience, we're told he's promised the Sheriff to continue to mentor the prisoners even after he's been released ... whenever that is.

Lane's currently in custody after a domestic violence arrest last month. He's stuck in L.A. County Jail on a parole hold, stemming from his 2007 vehicular manslaughter conviction.

... Line!

janet

He's just trying to avoid bending over or kneeling.

Cirrus Unicus

What, so these cretins can at least try to ACT remorseful?

James R. - Los Angeles

He's a loser and always will be. He had better get use to incarceration. No method acting required.

RedwoodPerch

It's good that he made some friends.

jeff

I bet the prisoners wish they had that 50 year old dude from "LOST" who married Courtney Stodden to teach them instead. An inspiration and a legend among men everywhere. Less kardashians, more COURTNEY STODDEN stories.

vlanfu

manny`s nannys is a tranny who wear granny pants.if same x marrage becomes the law of the uSA than will more than 30% of marrages last?.marrage has been dead longer than elvis.The church should`nt run the state and the state should`nt run the churches either.marrage is a contract not a faith as the fed&state can`t run faiths.The american family packio will go all MADD now with no familys to hide behind.

Pimpcessa

Oh, yes, I'm sure Hollywood is just chomping at the bit to hire all the criminals that get out of jail, that have been schooled by the one and only, Lane Friggin Garrison!

Oh, and the royalties he will probably get from all of them, as payment for his mentoring..... S N O R T!!! HAHA.

O_o

wonder how he's enjoyin all the hiney-sex.

DaveT

Good, all prisons should be teaching prisoners skills, instead of herding the men like cattle and locking them in gray cold depressing cells and then expecting them to come productive.
Prisons are full of innocent men anyway, especially a lot of men wrongfully convicted of rape.....the "Innocence Project" website reveals plenty.
Not to mention the justice system and jury members are conditioned to presume men guilty before innocent and then give much harsher jail sentences to men than to women for the same crimes.
We need more teaching programs for prisoners.

vlanfu

Gays say they should run all the chuches and the churches say they should run the states and fed.No wonder no one has faith the goverment. trying to run the churches or the churches trying to run the goverment.I remember when gays in the army were murderd in the 1970`s and NO ONE Cared and if you tryed to stop it it was a act of treason.I tryed to stop those murders with no backup while in service to my country on a army base.The murders were sent my way and I have fought them ever since.What my faith is,is no ones biz but if I don`t defend human rights than I don`t defend america or any thing or one and my faith is worthless

News Flash

Give me a break, what makes him so special.

vlanfu

hollywood does`nt defend human rights or gays they ride the gravie train of civil rights leaders for mooka.show me your scars TMZ you have none harvey none at all

Ace

Never look directly into the butt-hole....I mean camera, camera

PatTheCat215

LOL @ "marketable real world skills"

lalaland

Teaching them a 'crash course'. Bad choice of words?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments