« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Pacquiao

'I'm NOT Against

Gay People'

5/16/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516_manny_pacquiao_02
Manny Pacquiao says he DOES NOT believe gay people should be put to death ... and blames the media for twisting his words about his stance on gay marriage.

Manny has been under fire ever since the National Conservative Examiner published an interview in which Pacquiao says gay marriage is against the will of God.

The Examiner article includes a reference to Leviticus 20:13 -- which says gays "must be put to death." But now the journalist who conducted the interview is admitting Pacquiao NEVER specifically referenced that bible verse.

Pacquiao has now released a statement saying, "I didn’t say that, that’s a lie ... I didn’t know that quote from Leviticus because I haven’t read the Book of Leviticus yet."

He continues, "I’m not against gay people ... I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way."

Still, Manny says he's AGAINST same-sex marriage -- "What I’m critical off [sic] are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God.”

0516_manny_fighting_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

haskel420

BEING GAY IS A CHOICE

USAF Chick

This guy is just upset because there aren't any gay people who like him...Thank goodness they guy can fight because he doesn't have much else going for him....

Rosse

i respect ALL opinions... but i dont understand! how ooh we could NOT comment on "gays" because the whole world would attack u instantly!!! ooh getting so offended!! why??? if we are title to say whatever we want!! .... is ridiculous!! FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! this is AMERICA!! get over urselfs! u gays DO NOT RULE the world!! even though u seem to think u do!

testytwit

I love how people preface their comments with their own rights being taken away, yet have no issue with the rights of others being trampled.

Sabrina

This guy's creepy looking. Eek!

hummm

he is as wrong as the people who criticize him.

The Neko Nation

Gays are twisting his words and being nothing more than racist idiots. Just reading these comments on here is disgusting. The man is entitled to his opinion. Gays want everyone to accept them and not hate them yet they come off as the most hateful racist people.

JulesinSD

It's a free country - or at least it USED to be until homosexuals starting suing in court for ANY and EVERYTHING.

Patricia Filmmaker Tone

forget what he said... how da hell u get banned from a mall? give me an eff'n break... the Grove is overrated anyways.

JulesinSD

Interesting, the homosexual supporters were NOT banned from my local mall on Good Friday of all days, they screamed in my face DO YOU SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE!!!?? with my 4 & 7 year old in tow. The rest of the day...what's gay marriage? Thank you liberals, we can't even shop on at Easter without it in our face. GO AWAY! Win at the ballot box, win honestly, not in some courtroom shoving it down the peoples throats.

baretta

I'd still do him.

Marlena

Manny - only one opinion counts or matters in the People's Republic of the United States of America - that's the Liberal Agenda - you cannot have a differing opinion from their agenda or you will get crucified. Hang tuff and don't kiss ass because the majority of real Americans agree with you.

amyz

I agree with him , I mean no ones perfect we all make mistakes but same sex marriage should not be considered , gods first creation was Adam and eve not Adam and Steve , so u people need to wake up and stop spreading that this bull**** is ok

Don't feed the Trolls

@Yes
That was a brilliant comment. I'm going to use that one too.

heavenhollywood

its a shame that now all of a sudden u cant have an opinion about gay marriages but its suppose to be freedom of speech we all do not agree with the nonsense of homosexuality. i dont care what people say it is not normal. if god meant for same sex marriages to be normal why does a woman need a man to reproduce and vice versa? it isnt normal and manny was just quoting the bible the bible is right. If u read it he says homosexuality is an abomination to God just like blasphemy so please stop getting mad at people because we are normal .. being Gay is a choice ur not born that way