Mary Kennedy

Dead at 52

5/16/2012 2:00 PM PDT UPDATED: 5/16/2012 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Mary Kennedy, the wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has died
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife has died.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, 52-year-old Mary Kennedy was found dead in her Mount Kisco, New York home this afternoon.

The Bedford Police Department responded to the scene at approximately 1:36pm to investigate a possible "unattended death," meaning the death was not witnessed by anyone.

0516_mays_house_topviewMary and RFK Jr. were married in 1994. Robert filed for divorce in May 2010. Mary was Robert's second wife. The couple has four children together.

There are reports Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is currently dating actress Cheryl Hines.

0516_cheryl_hines_robert_f_kennedy_jr_april
Three days after Robert filed divorce papers in 2010, Mary was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

A spokesperson for Mary's family just released a statement, claiming, “We  deeply regret the death of our beloved sister Mary, whose radiant and creative spirit will be sorely missed by those who loved her. Our heart goes out to  her children who she loved without reservation."

0516_mary_kennedy_remembering

NoBreederRat

As usual, the comments are pretty ignorant. Junior married Emily when he had a heroin problem. Naturally that marriage failed and he was legally forced to sober up. They lived together for several years just for the sake of the children. The Catholic Church needs to recognize divorce! It looks bad that Jr. married Mary right after the divorce was final but again, things had been over with Emily for years. Mary was, to the best of my knowledge, bipolar. The incidents where the police were called to the house over the last several years? It was her emotional problems. The drunk driving incident began with an argument between Jr. and Mary where they were supposed to go to their child's school carnival and he didn't want her to drive. She took off with at least 1 kid in the car and drove up over the curb and onto the sidewalk. To get to the truth you gotta dig, baby. The family owns property just a few blocks from the senate that the lease to the federal government. To the people saying it's murder, Jr. has nothing to gain. A few years before the divorce was filed he Jr. took Mary on her dream trip to Asia for like a month and it's do***ented that she was in therapy. He tried to make it work but it didn't. Okay? He's not some monster. THAT SAID, Cheryl, you should run to the nearest exit. It wont last - they all marry brunettes - and Jr. has some mental problems of his own. I'm not talking about his vocal disorder OR the trembling he does which is consistent with Parkinson's. There's something about him that's just not right.

noah_beCr@ZeE

These rowdy Kennedy men always at the tipping point of controversy. All i need is one little word, MURDER!

jane

Cheryl Hines isn't even pretty. If he was going to publicly humiliate his wife he could have at least done so with an attractive woman,

Sautxyca

Not another dead Kennedy ...

TOM

The hell with that family. This summer, it'll be the 50th Anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's murder. Let's re-examine the facts and have this family explain.

JIM

Why are the Kennedy men such slugs?

gioudis

without reading anyone's comments yet. i believe in two things. 1.never kick someone when they are down, 2.married is married. I don't care about seperated or for how long. Until that D is final, stay away.I will never watch Cheryl again the same way I stopped with Claire Danes. so remember folks..how you get a man is how you loose a man and practice the Golden Rule, Do onto others as you would have them do onto you

juju

I wish everyone would remember that there are minorl children involved here - when did American society, in general, become so darn hateful?? Not a big Kennedy fan, but when someone dies young(and it sounds like she had some issues) and there are young kids that she leaves behind, it's just sad. I lost my own Dad (to cancer) when I was 11 and it's really hard - and he wasn't famous. C'mon -if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing.
Thoughts and prayers to the kids.

Lady Juliette

He's dating Cheryl Hines.......IS HE STUPID!!!!!

rgr115@aol.com

I am sure the Kennedy's will do everything to discredit this poor souls memory much like they have done with Ted's former spouse. A very sad day indeed but I am sure the clan will find words to remove themselves from any guilt at all!!!!!!!!!!!! They are seriously to blame... A true descendant of Joseph Kennedy!!!!!!!!!

jaydol

Is it coincidental she got a DUI 3 days after he filed for divorce and what's the difference between a suicide and a lynching ? This death seems awfully convenient...Poor Mary, she probably should have given him his divorce for her sake. How many $Millions is her estate worth? The self indulged Kennedy kids grew into adults used to having their way no matter who they have to step on.

Marie Pier

I just saw on an other website that she commited suicide... It says she hang herself on her garage...

jaydol

How easy would it be to lynch someone and make it look like a suicide when they are unconsciousce?

Butterfly

SHAME ON YOU, CHERYL HINES, for contributing to the extreme depression and eventual demise of your boyfriend's wife!!! What do you plan on saying to his children of your involvement with their father while their parent's divorce was not yet final? Life always comes back to bite, and, he will probably live up to his his personal history and throw you away, too! Guess what??? You will have earned it!!! Congratulations!!!

PrincessJ

OMG so many mistakes in my posts about the novel Living Life At The UN Plaza by Leslie Siegel a true account of when her family lived there in the late Sixties and rubbed elbows with Robert F. Kennedy, his kids, wife, and other celebrity types http://asphodelband.blogspot.com is the link to read about the encounters with the Kennedy’s, Truman Capote (who said I had ‘dirty toenails’), Cliff Robertson (who bought cookies from us) and even the reclusive Johnny Carson, who once let us in his apartment one Halloween night when he thought his network had sent a costumed horse over as a gag. It was me and my best pal Serena. What a sad thing about Robert Kennedy Jr’s ex wife hanging herself. I knew it was suicide as soon as I heard she had died. They were not very nice as children, and David (RIP) Kennedy once threw a hockey puck at me, and his sisters ignored my sister and I when we were invited up for a play date since we lived in the same building. Not fun, but now that I am older and wiser, I can appreciate what was going on then and link it to the future. Thanks for a great piece and sorry if I over posted or went off post. I love the article, just feel sad for the ex Kennedy wife!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments