Bobby Brown

Song for Whitney Houston

'Don't Let Me Die'

5/17/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051712_bobby_still

Bobby Brown has debuted a new song he wrote about life since Whitney Houston's death ... in which Bobby admits he "messed up pretty bad" and begs his late ex-wife ... "Don't let me die."

An emotional Brown -- sporting sunglasses and leather pants -- performed the song on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" ... featuring the lyrics, "I didn’t realize that every breath I took was from you ... You were my air.”

Brown also sings,"I guess I messed up pretty bad ... I didn’t know who you were ... I didn’t know what we had. Now I’m stuck living in the past ... trying to get the pieces back ... but I guess now you’re gone."

Brown is releasing the song on his new album, which drops in June ... just 4 months after Whitney died.

Joao

Sad, just plain old sad. That sounded like something my kid would have conjured up when he was 13. That was BAD.

Sarah

Stop using Whitney to make money your partly the reason shes dead in the first place. Yes it was her own decisions to use drugs and she probably was using before she met him BUT when she got with him she went downhill fast. He beat her up, cheated on her and treated her like trash through the whole marriage. Whitney loved him and he took advantage of that. He should have some dignity and let her rest in peace just like the leeches she called family.

realitychecker

Someday soon, he will be the "headliner act" in cruise ship nightclubs. Yuck!

Celeb Gossip Addict

Bobby has never been the strongest vocalist in the world, but he is more than good enough to deliver in the studio. I'm actually impressed that he at least made an attempt to sing live instead of lip syncing. The first single he released from his CD (months before Whitney's death) was actually very good. I'm sorry it took Whit's death for the label to put the CD out.

dd

Bobby you need to call off your upcoming wedding until you finish the grieving process....slow down.

Allison

He's also upset that Bobbi Kristina won't be on HIS reality show, because she's the Golden Ticket. He acted like a complete douche at the funeral and made it all about him. You know, I don't remember him singing about his regret when Whitney was alive, but now that it's profitable and a hot subject worth money, he's on board. What a greedy snake. They all are. It's not about selling a show, a book, or a song.

Detroit

Jerk! It's amazing how much airtime Bobby has gotten since Whitney's death...never would have happen had she not died

tab

he should stick to doing drugs..

Jodi

Stop it Bobby. You had moved on from Whitney and have been with someone else for some time, now you're trying to capitalize on her death with this song of self pity. You should have said all those things to her when you guys were married. Leave Whitney alone, take care of the family you have now and have a seat.

Diana

Guilt ,Guilt, Guilt.....This song Sucks...sorry.

bullshit

WRONG again TMZ. No surprise here though. This song was written and made a whole year before Whitney died. It has nothing to do with her.

digital_one

Cynical A-hole

bubblezzz

The new girlfriend is dumb if she stays with him after that! Blah Blah Blah should have thought of that while spitting in her face...And at the rate you are going don't worry you will see her sooner than you think!

I Was About To Say

Bobby....get over yourself.

smileandshine

Seriously Bobby? Are you doing this for some media attention grabbing more of it? Why now all of a sudden now? Also you kinda sounded off tune.. if you are real serious with this song you would have done plenty of practicing then going off tune a bit there. Just my thoughts.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments