Van Halen

We're Just Burned Out

5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."

Woot

Bullship! Whatever the real reason is, it's not the one in the press.

jeff

Love Van Halen. Both eras Roth/Hagar. Sammy doesn't get enough respect for what he brought to them. Where they lost me completly, IS WHEN THEY SCREWED THE GREAT BASSIST NAMED MICHEAL ANTHONY. Not getting my money.

Ishpeming Michigan Guy

Dave doesn't have it anymore. He just plods around the stage like he's lost or stoned, He doesn't sing he merely shouts. The only one who can still do it is Eddie. Ditch the rest - start over or quit!

Majestik

Well I hope they take this time to get Roth to remember the words to the songs. He was god awful in Vancouver, he's not so damn old he can't remember the words for pete sakes.

Karmagal

Too much too soon means that The Van Halen brothers are ****ing lunatics and are pissed off at Dave and don't want to continue the tour. SHAME On them for always doing this to their fans.

TrixLaRue

Boot David Lee and bring back Sammy!!

FlamingoNut

That's the biggest load of bull****. I bet Sammy & Michael are laughing their asses off.

Me

Wolfie needs to go on a diet. Maybe his mother will be a good influence on him when his father can't/won't be.

Sab

Hey VH do us all a favor and finish falling the rest of the way off the face of the earth

mimodo

they need to give it up. they are trying to do the stuff they did 25 years ago----accept your age and start acting appropriately---oh yeah stop drinking and doing drug too

mr okc

I saw the tour in Tulsa a few weeks ago. There was nothing wrong with the Van Halen's, they played great; Lee Roth said on stage he wasn't himself because he took some painkillers with tequila. Dave couldn't sing a single song without screwing up. Sad.

And thats the truth

Van Halen was my very first concert in 1982 when I was 19. Diamond Dave sang Bottoms Up while wearing chaps with nothing on underneath.......lol. I still had the original concert t-shirt, never worn, until a few years ago.......wished I would of kept it and sold it now.

TNT

LOL!! You would NEVER hear AC/DC say that they are burned out and cancel that many shows. Despite their age they STILL rock better than anyone. Look how many shows they did for the Black Ice world tour. I like Van Halen but this is just pathetic. Also I rather hear the Red Rocker Sammy Hagar with them than David Lee Roth who is just a clown.

Bryon

Eddie Van Halen seems to fight with everyone. He's a diva. Stopped caring when Sammy left

ZeekOsbourne

Glad I did not get tickets for the L.A shows. Tried to convince my peeps that its just a waste of money for these cats. They always figure out how to ruin their tours! History proves this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments