Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

LeighLeigh

He had every right to slap the guy,, just because someone is a celeb, does not give the publick the right to "have their way?" with them..Im sick of people thinking they are entiteled to do whatever makes THEM happy! get a life!

TheU3221

I am not even a Will Smith fan & I am from Philly, he didnt overeact, cause if u watch the video close that douche' actually sneaks a kiss onWill's Lips

Woot

Hey, the kid wants to take the chance of getting smacked - or worse - fine. Just don't complain about the repercussions.

yerppi3

Here is the funny thing. I'm reading some people talk about how a lot of people don't like being kissed because it invades their personal space, so his actions were appropriate. Well, go and look up ANY female celebrity, and watch what people do when they are introduced to that female celebrity. Every time a female celebrity is introduced to someone, they shake her hand and KISS HER on the cheek (sometimes both cheeks). So how is it an different for men? It's not.

Justice Simpson

This is no attack...he defended himself from a crazy ass who tried kissing him on the mouth. smh

AC

To me it looks like the basic kiss on two chicks. Considering it was a different country I think he overacted. I don't see why everyone is flipping out.

jackoonhisbacko1

He should know that black people are extremely aggressive and react with violence when they are confused.

solvent

Sweet little jab thrown by Will...I guess the Ali story paid off.

smileandshine

In the first place that reporter should not have done that he probably did it purposely (I doubt a dare) to get a reaction out of Will. And that was something that happen fast, and of course Will would react and no I don't find it over reacting.

Years ago I had someone scare be playing around, and I punched him in the face that was my fast reaction to it never meant to do it later we laughed.

Now, I could see that reporter gonna try to get some cash from his actions from a mega celeb. Money hungry people going after celebs! Why pick on Will? That reporter got what he deserved shouldn't just go up to people and start kissing them.

Dita Wildflower

Look, you can't forcifully hold on/grab/kiss people like this. He was nice enough to stop and talk to this reporter, and then was nice enough to give him a hug when he asked for one. But the reporter holds onto him aggressively and tries to kiss him more than once. Even after Smith tries to squirm away he's still trying. Keep your hands to yourself.

piratesrule8

It was hardly a violent backhand... It wasn't really anything more than a gesture to say get away from me. Also you can be in support of gay marriage without wanting men coming up and kissing you on the lips.... I've got no problem if gay people want equality but it doesn't mean i'd have no problem if some random guy tried to kiss me.... It's just inappropriate.

Sunny

If it is considered okay by society for a woman to slap a man when he tries to give her an unwanted kiss, it is perfectly okay for a man to slap another man for the same reason. :)

tinkerbell5481

I think he acted appropriately UNTIL the slap. He pushed him off and said "what the hell is your problem?" -message received. He even took a step away and it was unnecessary to bend back and smack him like that.

smileandshine

Caught on camera that reporter was caught doing a "Sexual Assault on Will Smith" as a sexual assault can be ANY unwanted sexual touching or kissing.

Kayla S

He handled it well, compared to what some other celebrities would do. :3 Just a light smack on the cheek and a push.