Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

maria

Well he is rich and famous now he is a DIVA not class of course,I remember I saw someone throwin a glass of water on Tom Cruise face he ,calmly and classy told they guy some words but never hit the guy,I call that CLASS,what do you expect from Ghetto guy? "you can take the kid from the ghetto ,but you can't take the ghetto fro the kid" how truthful! They say he support gay marriage ...yeah right! is all baloney ,the PR's say that otherwise their career will go off,they have to agree with gays is not well accepted by Hollywood if you don't like gays,is all hypocresy ! Maybe in Ukrania the way to greet people is kissing in the mouth...many cultures do that ! He is just a too much DIVA ! peple put this wannabee's on pedestals and really they create is monsters!

AJAI

I kinda like what Will did but has anyone considered that that's how some Europeans greet people? If this guy was French, for example, it's customary. Celebs need to remember that their public lives give us, the fans, the impression that we know them and make some of us comfortable tossing a little affection their way.

SawyerHickory

Oh come on, 'attacks'? I think that's rather over the top. It was barely even a slap. I've hit some of my friends harder when we were just goofing off. Was it the best move, no, but he was uncomfortable and just reacted.

jo

Will and Jada are both Scientologists, who are well known for auditing their gay members (incl some A-listers) but we're supposed to believe Will supports gay marriage? Hmmm...why now, why not speak out against Prop8? Maybe it's the movie you're promoting?

aston

I agree, you can't kiss people without consent - that's an assault.

As for lip kissing, it's not only the Russian way, is also how GW Bush greeted his Saudi pals. The male ones.

Bo

I wonder what Will response would had been if it was woman?

minnietx

Way to go Will, that guy makes my skin crawl....ick, I consider what that weirdo did was an assault, he is lucky thats all Will did these stars already have to worry about stalkers so he is probably already jittery...after a couple of drinks in a bar Will would have mopped the floor with that creep....no one has to right to get into your personal space unless invited!!!!

greg123

that guy is guy

Bo

Why are a majority of men insecure about their sexuality when another dude find them attractive or too friendly? I assume if the reporter successfully kissed Will on the lips everyone would concluded "oh maybe Will is gay"? It's sad when people in this country are programmed to think a certain way and if people are offended they resorts to violence. Personally, Will overreacted to the guy gesture.

Gerri

A typical response from an African-American. Resorting to violence to his point across.

Abena

No the only people overreacting is tmz is how harvey is saying it a smack and it looks clearly too me is that will just hand wiped it off from his back hand side for no jerms added for the next person he touches witch that might have been you.

Sean Genung

Good For You WIll! Supporting gay marriage does not mean you have to accept invasions of you personal space. If I spontaneously kissed Taylor Swift on a press line I am sure I would get slapped and very Probably charged with sexual assault. It may be the guys Schtick but realize that not everybody will react to it well.

Anny

For all the idiots yelling homofoob... This has absof**kinglutely nothing to do with being gay or not! This has to do with respect. If that man would have grabbed a woman like that and tried to kiss her on the lips, they would have hauled him away in handcuffs and charged him with sexual assault!

LeeAnn

'For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.'

Doesn't mean he has to let any random stranger, male or female, kiss him...Good for Will

Dan.

I feel the reporter was a reflection of the culture. I live in a major US city, with many cultures, I see many men, especially Arab and European me, kissing all the time. Will had no right to slap this guy. If the reporter was black and a white celeb slapped him you would never hear the end of it.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments