Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

Tardrage

bitches dont know 'bout personal space.

Guy

Just because will didn't want to be kissed by a dude dosnt mean he is homophobic. Get a Grip People. If a Dude tried to kiss a woman with out permission we would lable the dude as a Rapist or worse.

chartman

oh, poor baby. what a big ugly cry baby. dude you are uuugggllllyyyy why on earth would anyone want to kiss you.

Cassandra

Heck I woulda slapped the guy! You don't just kiss people you don't know!! Even children know that.

Cheyenne

Will smith had no reason to hit him just ignorant

chris houston

hmmm...something tells me that if a certain celebrity wasn't a member of a certain minority group then that certain celebrity would be being accused of a hate crime for slapping a gay reporter for kissing him.

Rhonda

"We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick."

So this guys and his boss thinks this is ok? O__O WTF is wrong with these people. It's ok to sexually assault someone? :|

Dylan

if it was john travolta, he'd have pulled out his **** and let the reporter blow him.

lexihel

I guess Will reaction was correct, maybe he went too far by "slapping" (in my opinion that's far beyond a real "kiss the floor slap") the guy, but it's a natural reaction of a human being that suddenly feels threatened.
One thing is to be respectful when it comes to culture or sexual inclination, I respect gay marriage, but I simply don't share that inclination, I know a lot of gay people that know they don't have to try and kiss me simply 'cause I am not gay, I just respect their preference.
The same with that kissing culture in some countries, is ok if they do, hey, that their ways. But you can clearly see Will doesn't share the feeling, if he pushes away ONCE, leave the dude alone! If you push, he'll react! And that's how he reacted.
Still, you can see him quite cool after the incident. He even appologized. It was simply a human instinct.

Shelly

It honestly is a European thing to greet another person by kissing them on either cheek. I don't see what is wrong with this. Will Smith should have known about that considering he travels around the globe often. If he doesn't like that custom he should extend his had for a hand shake rather than approaching people in such a way. Also, I don't any kissing on the lips...that is reaching a bit TMZ.

Whatever

It may not be right, but understandable. Same as a women pushing off a man and slapping him for inapprorpriate and boorish behavior. I think Will desrves kudos for not slugging the guy.

GEORGE

if it were myself, it be a violation of my personal space. now some countries like France kiss on the cheek when greeting but knowing Will is "American" one should know Americans dont kiss on the cheek "withing the same sex" to greet people. unless one is gay!

Luc Garnier

That's no mafia kisse and beside you can actually see the Russian was looking for his mouth bodyguard should be change

Asher

will......we know you are gay.....i bet you go his phone # later on

rz

Will Smith did not "angrily push the affectionate reporter and slap him across the face." Smith CLEARLY handled the incredibly awkward situation with class, and much better than most. He did not aggressively push the man away, only enough to regain his personal space. He laughed in disbelief and tapped the man on the cheek as if warning the reporter. Will Smith laughed off the incident and remained well composed and moved on. This situation most definitely does not need to be spun into an attack on the actor for being angry and aggressive. What poor-taste reporting.

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments