Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

Hilaina

I agree with Mike44090 : "Looks to me as the reporter assaulted him, you can't just kiss someone like that without their permission without it being considered an assault".

GGG

Jeez over react much? Hes starting to remind me of Bill Cosby with that weird Hollywood attitude*eyeroll*.

brad

On the one hand, people from Ukraine and Russia sometimes do the "kiss on both cheeks thing" with PEOPLE THEY KNOW WELL. This guy didn't know Will AT ALL. He was probably gay. I bet the crowd there thought Will was justified in taking a quick poke at him.

Will Smith is about as hetero as it gets. Gay men better not mess with Will Smith. He learned a lot about boxing doing that movie about Muhammad Ali. He could probably knock out a lot of people with just a few punches.

tami

I can't seem to watch your videos anymore?

Sarah Katherman

He wasn't being homophobic, a woman would have reacted the same way from an unexpected and unwelcome kiss on the mouth.

brent

i guess i should hit the next girl that tries to kiss me.

jen

will "attacked" him? really, tmz? "attacked"?

Stormy

I would have knocked the little homo out cold!

josephgein

ATTACK? How did Will "attack" the guy? He merely pushed him away and wiped the guy's drool back on his stupid mouth. Not a big fan of the Fresh Prince, but this jerk had it(and more) coming.

Everyones~A~Star

When either sex tries kissing me and I dont want them to I usually handle it very respectfully and kindly, you can ward off unwanted kisses without beating on them. It was over the top, a man who is really confident can say to to another man without being a baby ....in russia men kiss each other on the cheeks and sometimes lips they hold hands and they arnt gay. Maybe that guy is I dont know gay, straight doesnt matter, Big Willy you really disapoint me. Guys greet with kisses in Moscow, you should have read up on the country you were going to visit. Your a guest acting like a typical rapper, really expected more class from you. Im a big fan of his too have been since the 80's. :( seriously men kiss to greet in many countries and he was visiting one of them.

spyseagullrobot

boundries; personal space; I would have done the same thing.

GLaDOS

The reported deserved it. Will doesn't know the guy. For all he knows, the dude could have some kind of mouth STD. Not cool for strangers to walk up to others and kiss them. The guy is lucky Will didn't punch him.. and he would have deserved that too.

just sayin

let's say for a min, this was Jada, and a stranger was assulting her on the red carpet like this... there would have been body guards all over it. The sad thing is because of everyone getting over offended when they shouldn't...Wil was left to defend himself in that awkward situation alone. On top of that, the guy got to stay rather than being dumped by security.

♫ Gina ♪

That's just wrong ....Herpes anyone? :S

missy

First of all, Will didn't 'assault' the reporter. Secondly, it was NOT 'violently'. Thirdly, the reporter SHOULD be glad that Will didn't sucker punch him, he totally deserved some sort of slap or punch up side the head.