Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

becca

he's lucky will didn't get him worse, if someone tried to do that to me he would still be feeling it. even if it is something he does it's so intrusive you have to be willing to accept people who oppose it.

jeremy

HE IS GAY......THE PERSON WHO KISSED HIM THAT IS

get a life ho

Will was in the right however he should have not slapped him
his security should have been closer and taken action .,.,.

By the way Will slaps like a girl .,.,

NTL

I don't blame Will one bit....I would have hit that dude harder than he did. The reporter is a sorry sack of sh*t. And I'm not even a fan of Will Smith.

KicksandGiggles

The fault lies with reps who did not prep him on the possibility of this European custom. Reps should have pre- warned Will and the European reporters should have also been give advance notice this is unacceptable for Will. So folks did not do their jobs and this happened.

cass

Bravo Will!

You should have punched his ass!

wtf

**** TMZ. Of course all the ****suckers over in that building wouldn't understand why a man would get pissed at that.

michelbites

I'm gay and I think that Will Smith should have punched that dude. If someone gay or straight came up to me and did that without any warning I would have punched him. Good for you Will.

Trish

I just watched this about 4 times and I really don't see what the big deal is. I think he was WAY overreacting. So he was kissing him on the cheek. If Smith hadn't moved like he did the guy never would have came near his mouth. It's not like he was trying to kiss him on the mouth, that I could understand. I'm wondering if the guy is going to press assault charges on him. I don't like Smith too much after seeing that. Definitly not an appropriate response.

BRET

HAHAHA You don't try to kiss a brotha unless you know he be gay! That *** is lucky Will didn't have his homies do a dance on his queer face! Stupid ***gots!!!!

James

I think Will Smith, like a lot of men who claim to support gay marriage, is completely full of it. Had a pretty female reporter kissed him on the mouth he would have kissed her back and got a big laugh from the crowd. But because he got kissed by a man he responded instinctly and violently, thus betraying his real feelings about gay marriage.

yerppi3

Yes he completely overreacted. Wtf was the big deal? Does he know that in Europe, this is a COMMON thing that people do all the time (men AND women)??

Had a woman done this he wouldn't have cared. I expected to see the guy kiss his mouth then I would have said yeah that was over the line, but all he did was the traditional European 2 cheek kiss.

Will Smith is a closet homophobe. He even refused to do a movie scene where he had to kiss a guy, and they faked the kiss through computer graphics to make it look like they kissed. Some "actor"

davemxf

Unreal. But if the dude was doing P90X2 he could have bitch slapped Will back instead of being a little girl about it. http://www.methodxfitness.com/p90x2-results

Simone

I think pushing him away was appropriate. The backhand wasn't. He lost his cool a bit. That said, the reporter *did* have it coming and I think Will's reaction was just instinctual. And by the way, I'm in support of gay marriage but if some stranger - man OR woman - tried to kiss me on the lips, I'd instinctively shove them away from me too. So let's not turn this into a gay rights issue please.

MB

Another case of a straight guy feeling defensive over a man-to-man kiss.