Cover Band to Van Halen

Finish What Ya Started ...

or We Will!

5/20/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0520_van_halen_van_halen_army_getty_facebookA Van Halen cover band says that if the real Van Halen is too "burnt out" and too old to finish their postponed tour dates ... they are more than happy to take over.

Van Halen (the real one) cancelled the remainder of their 2012 tour on Friday, saying they needed to "re-charge their engines." They will be offering refunds for all the disappointed fans.

Joe -- who plays guitar in the Van Halen Army, a popular VH tribute band -- tells TMZ, "They have an obligation to fulfill ... somebody signs up to do the job they should complete it. Concerts these days cost a lot of money, they can't let the fans down ... they need to fulfill their end of the deal."

Joe also says, "We could easily do it -- our singer sounds exactly like David Lee Roth!"

Yeah, totally the same thing.

IceGypsy

GL with all that lol. Seriously if I wanted to see a cover band, I'd pop into any local bar and see one for free

myopinion

That's what happens with age!!!!!! Give him a break.

DaveT

80's rock concerts were the best.
Motley Crue and Kiss are touring, gonna rock the house.
Gotta hand it to Mick Mars, the guy's lower back is frozen solid and he can barely move...but he's still on stage at 60 years old ripping out the old Crue riffs \m/

Stormy

It is the Van Halen brothers that are pitching the bitch. Eds brother is a huge whine ass!

static

I bet Sammy is laughing his ass off.

Cheryl A.

Yeah, a cover band, just what I want to see.

Rockman

There's only one Diamond Dave!
We don't need two, the universe might end.

Carl

The only substitute I'd find acceptable is when Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony team up for concerts.

EarthAngel

"Faking over"......good luck with that...lol

Anonymous

When bands do this, they really screw their fans since many paid a lot more than face value.

noneya

TMZ should read your own posts before you post false information. The Van Halen tour is being postponed, not cancelled.

KnuckleDragger

"Anything that's the something of something, isn't really the anything of anything!" -Lisa Simpson

Nadiadamit

WTF~ever.... that **** may work for Journey BUT I am a hard core Van Halen fan before Sammy Van Hagar (diver down, women and children first)and I'll tell ya right now~ If I don't see Van Halen... with the Van Halen MEN (who could be Eddie?answer me that?) and no ONE can be David :Lee Roth nobody nobody nobody. Except for ****ing Harvey Levin..o.O.thanks a LOT Harvey...I can't watch their new music.. all i see is Harvey Levin in cowboy boots dancing around way too well...and singing well also~ creeps me out. O.O Thanks for almost ruining Van Halen Harvey. Its all good ~ we connect with "and Justice for All"~ Al Pacino~ NOT Metallica...thats prob just me ;)

Toilethead

Why would anyone even pay to see those dinosaurs?

Nadiadamit

Good music is timeless... Rock music is very much alive.. U see it on Tumblr all day everyday, from all ages. Expand Ur horizons and figure it out. Listen to them.. knowing more is always better than knowing less. ;)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments