John Travolta

Robin Gibb was

a 'Real Friend'

5/21/2012 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0521_john_travolta_robin_gibb
John Travolta has released a statement on the passing of Bee Gees co-founder Robin Gibb ... calling the music legend one of the most "wonderful" people he's ever met.

Robin -- along with his brothers Barry and Maurice -- put together the soundtrack for the 1977 disco classic "Saturday Night Fever" ... the flick that helped propel a young John Travolta to become an international movie star.

Travolta tells TMZ, "I thought Robin was one of the most wonderful people -- gifted, generous, and a real friend to everyone he knew. And we'll miss him."

pulakiyes

my roomate's sister got paid $19220 a month ago. she is making money on the computer and moved in a $515100 home. All she did was get fortunate and set to work the clues leaked on this website http://lazycash23

Jay W.

RIP Robin

"Saturday Night Fever" a disco classic... indeed !

Thomas Jefferson

Maybe they were friends but why broadcast it when the person dies as it seem like your trying to get your name in the news. I wouldn't do that to my friends.

Tom

I'm pretty sure a reverse massage was involved.

SHUT UP!!! ...it was the 70s! Love abounded.

Truth

I WONDER IF JOHNNY BOY JERKED ROBIN AROUND BACK IN THE DAY... KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN? #TRUTH!!

patty

Shut Up! Now he's trying to act like he's so sentimental. Just come out of the closet John, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm sure Kelly is o.k. with it!

txcn

I doubt very much John Travolta told TMZ anything. TMZ picked Travolta's statement of condolence out of the list of many that other celebs have expressed which are meant to comfort the grieving family. TMZ used this one for the clicks, knowing full well the type of immature and crude remarks it would get, but a click is a buck. Nice show of respect for Robin Gibbs, running this one.

I suppose next story will be anything Kim Kardasian may have twittered or statement of condolence she may have made will appear, and then TMZ will interview Octomom to see how she feels about Robin Gibbs death. Gotta keep getting those hits. TMZ is really sinking to the bottom of the pile in the trash journalism these days.

Throwback kid

At this point it seems like Robin Gibb is the only guy Travolta knew who didn't give him a massage? I have a question, Travolta is out of shape and doesn't work out at all, why does he need a massage all the time? And how come it's never a woman who gives him a massage?

D-INCARNATION

A friend to the end(rear)

anony

Sorry, John---we still remember that you're groping masseurs. Nice try on the spin, though...

CriticXtreme

Some have said that singing that high caused health issues. Whatever the case, R.I.P. and thanks for the memories.

croc

robin gibb cheated on his wife.
has a chinese girl named 'snow'.
yeh, a real ''nice'' guy. not.
look it up.

Different Rules Apply

Beautiful music the Bee Gees have left us! RIP Robin, I hope you've bumped into Maurice and Andy by now. Godspeed.

Cujeaux