2 Chainz

It's a 4-Finger Ring ...

NOT Brass Knuckles!!!

5/22/2012 2:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

2 Chainz brass knuckles?  Claims it is a 4-finger ring.Rapper 2 Chainz wasn't packing brass knuckles when he was arrested today in New York ... it was just a harmless 4-finger ring -- this according to sources close to the hip hop star.

The ring says "DOPE" in big letters -- and sources tell TMZ, 2 Chainz rocked it no problem at an Atlanta club called the Velvet Room on Sunday.

According to sources close to the rapper, Chainz then flew to NYC without incident -- with the ring in his luggage -- but when he tried to leave the city today, TSA at LaGuardia Airport mistook the jewelry for a dangerous weapon.

TMZ broke the story ... 2 Chainz was arrested at the airport for possession of a criminal weapon this afternoon when officials found the 4-finger instrument in his bag.

2 Chainz is still in custody. The Port Authority PD had no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Sarah

That's clearly a piece of jewelry influenced by the design of brass knuckles. I'm not familiar with this guy, but this is discrimination.

SusanCoyote

Who??? Pure ghetto trash!

classof2012killa

2 chainz be goin hard!! new single "no lie" with him and drake is sick

MakesNoSense

you because you read the story and took time to comment..... "TELL EM!!!"

O_o

soooo - if you call a weapon JEWELRY then it is a-ok? gooood to know. i'll be shopping for my dagger "pendant" necklace today. don't worry, it'll be made of gold, and it'll say "U'RE F*KING STUPID" on it...so there'll be no question that it is truly a necklace.

annette

I would hate to get punched in the face with those!

harleyharlett

how did this become racial, the tsa can stop you for practically anything now, and just because 1 agent let you slide, and the next one doesn't, if they tell you, you can't take something on a plane, you can't, if you argue, your arrested, no matter who you are - i was detained because they said my hair spray can was to large, and it was in my checked luggage, not carry on, then checked me for bomb residue - every one has to follow what the agents say or the will make your life a living hell

jeeplady41

Hey I can't carry nail clippers on a plane, he can't have those. Worse is Raquel's insistence that everyone who thinks this is a hater. I have had it with her - she seems ignorant and doesn't add a damn thing to the show!!

missoocc

On TMZ Live people kept talking about this being a racist issue. I believe the issue is between genders not races. It is very stylish for females to wear these types of rings. However, I highly doubt that they will be arrested or even confronted. Race could be a factor but I am curious as to why no one brought up the fact that females probably wouldn't be approached for wearing something similar.

b

alot of you guys have no idea what your talking about its not brass knucksles it doesnt have edges that make brass knuckles dangerous this was done by a idiot who wanted a autograph are to seem important ex policeofficer

robert

2 CHAINSSSZZZSS

Barry D

Anying that size wore on your hand cah be used as a weopon against flight crew or pilots so he should hsve packed it away .

viktor

Really, I wish you'd get rid of Racquel. She's racist.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5