Donna Summer

Private Funeral Service

Set for Tomorrow

5/22/2012 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0522_donna_summer
As we reported, "Disco Queen" Donna Summer will be laid to rest Wednesday during a private ceremony at a church in Nashville, TN.

We're told the church is expecting a capacity crowd -- roughly 1,000 people -- but the service is invitation only.

The family is adamant ... they don't want the ceremony to become a media spectacle and they've put together a strict guest list consisting of close friends and family members.

It's unclear if any of Donna's famous friends will attend -- but we're told people are flying in from all over the country.

TMZ broke the story ... Donna passed away in Florida last week after battling lung cancer. She was 63.

0522_remembering_donna_summer_footer

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Thanks for the great music and good memories...RIP Donna.

Dino

I wonder why TMZ choose the worst pictures. Same thing with Robin Gibb... anyways... my respect for one of the best voices from the pop music !

Tim

An invite to that funeral sounds like hot stuff........

robb

How does TMZ "break the story" when her publicist or someone who works for her sent out the news? News to TMZ, just because it is on your site doesn't mean you broke the news.

saynotolies

First of all, my thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. I was 14 years old when I bought her Bad Girls album, yes album, and I regularly danced to it in my bedroom! I will always love her singing and she will be sorely missed...I will dance for her tonight...

Fifty Shades of WTF

She dealt with her illness with dignity and class. I hope the public allows her that for her service. RIP Donna.

luckycat

Donna shows true dignity,class,and grace in life and death.
"Once upon a Time" a girl with an immense talent and work ethic,scouted the path for all other female singers after her.Like Janis Joplin before,who broke the ice and created the path.She wrote,produced,sang(GOD did she sing).From Madonna to GaGA,she blazed the path.To all the survivors try to live up to her stature and talent.
GOD love DONNA!

barcham

I was very disappointed in the 'tribute' given Donna at the Billboard awards where they broke away in the middle of the song for commercials. She did more for music than Whitney ever did and didn't die due to drug abuse and deserved a better tribute than she received. I am sure that her friends and family will give her the tribute she deserves at the funeral.

R.I.P Donna Summer

Amber

RIP Donna!

harleyharlett

i don't really understand it when a celebrity who has become rich and famous because of their fans, but they always keep the funeral's private and don't allow the fans who made them rich and successful a chance to say good bye, why the family doesn't do a public ceremony for the fans, the a private one for the family

dierdre

Donna Summer may she R.I.P. was truly one of the best singers in the Disco Era, and she will be greatly missed. I also agree why does TMZ have to find unflattering pictures when one is deseased..she was a beautiful looking woman, and they should have shown better pictures than the ones that have been shown...

MISERABLE66

Every pic TMZ puts up of Donna, looks like Wendy Williams.

Kelly

Thanks for nothing, bigot.

Truth

HER VOCALS ACTUALLY GOT BETTER OVER TIME. I WAS SURPRISED... TO SEE VIDEOS OF HER SINGING A YEAR AGO WITH SEAL ON DAVID FOSTER SHOW. SHE SANG BETTER THAN IN HER PRIME. SAD WHAT CANCER CAN DO WITHIN A YEAR. RIP. #TRUTH!!

MIGHTY WRIGHT