Anderson Cooper

RIPS 'Barbie Mom'

'You're Dreadful'

5/23/2012 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Barbie Mom Sarah Burge
Anderson Cooper hates Barbie Mom ... HATES HER ... and made sure she knew it this week when he kicked her plastic ass off his talk show.

Cooper was trying his best to understand why the hell Sarah Burge -- aka the Human Barbie -- would want to Botox her 15-year-old daughter to get her to sweat less during beauty pageants.

When Burge started blathering on with some stupid explanation, Coop cut her off ... saying, "I gotta be honest, I gotta just stop. I'm sorry. I try to be really polite to all my guests, but I just think you're dreadful."

He added, "I honestly don't want to talk to you anymore."

Anderson later released a video statement saying, "I regret having her on in the first place and I regret that that's how things ended.

052312_barbie_mom_2_launchv2

KellyinCA

I don't think it was necessarily contrived, but Anderson did go into that interview perhaps prepared to boot her off. For him, the issue of misguided and selfish motherhood is deeply personal - his mother was not only a fashion and cultural icon, but also the subject of an intense custody battle as a child, between her widowed mother who'd blow through their allowance partying and neglecting her daughter (or, worse, using her as an accessory), and an aunt who saw the situation for what it was.

Anderson here was trying to get into the head of a mother who wanted to live vicariously and get a taste of the good life through her daughter. To be honest, I'm not sure that any mother pulling that crap would have satisfied him with their answers.

dick felterflapp

Remind me again...where is CNN in the ratings?? Oh, last place??? Andy Coop...you really think you or your network can be doing bonehead things like this? Ahh...maybe not.

BB not bb

On another note, maybe he was just reminded of his own issues he had growing up. Maybe this lady reminded him of his mom who he had issues with, as in maybe caring more about fashion than kids, that he just blew a gssket and couldn't finishe the interview.

Why is his hair so prematurely white? Maybe he has had a lot of stress in his youth and just didn't want to be reminded of it with this lady.

Mayu

Good for him. Botox is made from Botulinum toxin. you are putting a TOXIC substance into your a young GIRL for the sake of PAGEANTS. Is your daughter's health worth the risk as long as she's "pretty" for her funeral should something go wrong? As for sweating... Beyonce herself not only admits to sweating, she once banned any photos of her famous posterior because she worried about how gross a sweaty butt would look in photos. So yeah, sweating is normal barbie moron. Even stars do it. If her daughter looks anything like her, Sweat is the least of her concerns.

shelley

I think this forced 'beauty' on young girls is disgusting and any treatments like Botox should be banned on children under 18 or the parent should be up on child abuse charges. How dare a mother not only subject their child to feeling inferior and not good enough but to treatments that could potentially lead to health hazards. Women like this or that quacks on Toddlers and Tiaras should not be shown as fit parents. they have their own mental issues they need to deal with and those kids need protection not exploitation

ShrinkWrap

This sounds more like a publicity stunt on Anderson's part, more than an interview gone bad. I think they are both tools.

WHAT IN THE WORLD

GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT!!! WAY TO GO, ANDERSON! LOVE YOU!

Jeremy

Sheesh, I was going to watch the video above but who the heck wants to watch a 30 second commercial just so you can watch a 63 second video.

The percentage of ads per each video you have to watch on most websites nowadays has gotten insane.

I just closed the video 7 seconds into the commercial. Have a little respect for our time if you want us to keep coming back TMZ.

Volt

She was invited to the show just to get booted....Cheap ratings ploy at her expense, which his show desperately needs.

BC

Good for him!

Cheetara

Who said she looks like Barbie anyway?

batterup

What is gay and goes hehehehehehehehehehehehe?

Audie

Good for you Mr. Cooper!!

annie2

He's just trying to make headlines for himself to get more viewers. As if he didn't know why she was on his show. Does he not get to see the guest list and the topic for his show beforehand?

TheMarshmallowMan

Can't beleive there are people actually defending this sorry excuse for a mother, she sold nude pictures of her 6 year old daughter to the tabloids, this woman needs professional help.