'Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips

BIG SURGERY IMMINENT

5/24/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_phillip_phillips_getty_pain
Newly-crowned "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips will finally undergo urgent kidney surgery next week, TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Phillips doctors ordered him to undergo a procedure to fix his severe kidney stone problems -- which have worsened since the singer went on "Idol" -- but Phillip refused, insisting on finishing the show first.

But now that it's all over ... and Phillip won ... we're told he's finally planning on getting the operation in L.A. in the next 7-10 days.

We're told Phillip's parents will be flying in for support.

Kidney operations are no joke -- Phillip can expect to spend several days in the hospital, followed by a 6-week recovery period.

0518_phillip_phillips_wailing_footer_v2

Freedom Rose

For you Jessica Fans, I dislike Jessica because she was just an imitation of all the great singers, that was not an ounce of originality in her. Hopefully, she will grow as a singer and cut off those shyty growling and screaming. She wasn't all that pretty when she scream with her big mouth wide open either. She was much better when she tries to sing tenderly. She also needs some vocal lessons in signing in her low register and up tempos.

Freedom Rose

also Jessica fell flat on her face in singing "change nothing", an original song that she did not have anybody to imitate over! She needs time to find her own self and originality! One nasty fact about her was that her voice was too generic. You can't tell if it was her on the radio.

Melanie

If his last name is Phillips, why did they name him Phillip?

Freedom Rose

HUMANNATURE

Not even MJ, but if he lived, we would all find out he got aids from Jason or other random construction worker - secret lover of his.

APPARENTLY, YOU DID NOT READ MJ AUTOPSY REPORT!!!!

MJ WAS "HEALTHY"!!!!

ANYBODY CAN SAY "BS LIES" ABOUT THE LIVING/DECEASE WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE!!!!

NOW, STOP TRYING TO SPREAD "LIES"!!!!

-------------

Did the autopsy report say they had done a blood test for Aids? They are millions of people walking around alive with Aids without knowing it, and do not think about they need to test for it.

It is just a matter of time for MJ to have full blown Aids the way he did the nasty with boys!

There's a problem here

@Freedom Rose - I see you are in your manic phase today. Pop a few lithium and take a nap or start your own website if you think anyone gives a flying fvck about what you have to say. You started with me, and so I say game on.

Freedom Rose

I want his single "home", like right now, or yesterday!

ManiacalZebra

Since he won, it MIGHT have been good that he waited. If the waiting didn't make the surgery fail, I'll give it a definite.

Butterfly

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED with two magnificent sons to whom I would donate my kidneys or, any other organ, if needed. I can imagine the anguish Phillip's parents are experiencing until he is safely out of surgery and on the road to a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers to Phillip and to all his family and friends for a bright and happy future. Blessings!

HENRY

tHIS YEARS aMERICAN iDOL ANOTHER DISAPOINTMENT. Mr. Philips should have been voted off weeks back if the contest results were abount true talent. I will no longer waist my time tunning in.

Freedom Rose

THERE'S A PROBLEM HERE

45 MINUTES AGO
1 RESPONSE ▼

FREEDOM ROSE

Tehehe,
I don't want to start with you. You have a problem there, you can keep that with yourself!
Roflmaao!
37 MINUTES AGO

--------------
Hey, wake up!

It's been more than 1/2 an hour, haven't you thought of a come back already? Or are you taking a nap yourself?

I see you seem to have missed a word or too with your nic?

Maybe it is more appropriate to call yourself, "there is a serious problem here" or "there is a serious mental problem here!"

Freedom Rose

-------------
yay, don't "waist" your time. just "safe" it for another wannabe!

Woot

LOVE YOU, P2! Get healthy and get back!

KPCATZ

PP sucks!! No talent... 2 weeks no one will remember his name..........American Idol needs to revamp their voting system. So everyone votes once....Then it might be America's choice....It's almost always the young guy teeny bopper girls love....and vote over and over for.

carmem lima

I wish him the best of luck. but honestly joshua ledt deserved to win the competition. He is 100% much better than the others.

Gretel

AI was pretty boring this season.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments