Britney Spears

Crowd ROARS

After 1st 'X Factor' Critique

5/25/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears' first day as an 'X Factor' judge is NOT a total disaster ... in fact, the pop star has been articulate, encouraging and even funny at times.

Audio has emerged from the first round of auditions in Austin, TX ... where Britney has been dishing out criticism from the judge's table with Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Demi Lovato.

It didn't take long for Britney to clash with Demi ... they disagreed with each other on the very first contestant -- one person LOVED it ... the other, not so much.

0525_x_factor_judges_table
The crowd is super-pumped -- are you?

Tim

I'd do both of them.

pat

It's all scripted. Won't be watching this show.

Joe

Simon and Brit in that pictures are buddies. Demi looks like a deer in the headlights and just internally screaming "I'm on primetime again!!!!"

LA kinda wants to be buddies but is doing that forced lean over to Demi. He's probably saying, Damn, why couldn't I be next to Britney too?

Jexica

Yeah, no.

ndallasgent

Is it me or am I the only one scratching my head as to why is Britney Judging anyone when all she does is lip-sing ALL her songs?!?!?! I would love to audition just so I can rip on her about her signing ability. Only in America!

.:Loki4Ever:.

Talentless sluts critiquing on talent? Isn't that the definition of Irony?

go home!

Britney sounds great, but I do not understand still why they selected Demi Lovato. Her criticism's were horrible, they sounded like one that I would do and I know nothing about music. Demi should not be on the show. Having her is the equivalent of having Ellen Degeneres on Idol that year. One single (which i can't even remember the name) does not make a musical artist. She has no experience in the music industry. It's ridiculous to turn her into a judge when she is still trying to make it in music at the point in her career . Hopefully they will get rid of her before the show airs.

Truth

O... M... G... SOUND LIKE 2 AIRHEADS!! THEY AREN'T ANY BETTER THAN PAULA ABDUL AND NICOLE SCHERZINGER. TBH, THE BEST SINGING JUDGES ARE ON "THE SING OFF". THEY GET REAL TECHNICAL ON VOCAL ASPECTS NOT LIKE THESE JOKERS. #TRUTH!!

ExtraKetchup

Ha-ha, "audio has emerged" as in Simon Cowpoop sold it to you?

Sequoia Crutcher

I love Brit Brit so %$ck off all you haters. Brit Brit is takin over once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGG

Demi is secretly seething and hating Britney lol I love it! 15 mil vs > 1 mil. Brit sitting next to Simon. Brit getting all the applause. Priceless

amazinglybored

Hey, Demi guess who they'll ditch you or Britney. Yeah, not Britney...
At least Spears has the career, even if she's quite limited talent wise, Demi has neither.