Elton John

Hospitalized Wednesday

5/24/2012 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_elton_john_01
Elton John has been hospitalized for a serious respiratory infection ... and it has temporarily derailed his concerts ... TMZ has learned.

Elton checked into Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. at 6 AM Wednesday.  John underwent a battery of tests, after which the doctors recommended that he NOT perform for 7 days.  He was told he needed "complete rest and antibiotic treatment to prevent damage."

The singer had to cancel 4 concerts scheduled this weekend in Las Vegas.

Elton tells TMZ, "It feels strange not to be able to perform these 'Million Dollar Piano' concerts at the Colosseum ... I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts."

Elton added, "All I can say to the fans is 'sorry I can't be with you."

It appears Elton has been released from the hospital.

0524_elton_john_performance_pictures_footer

Butters_Creamy_Goo

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

Sucks to be him.

Bridget

Thats to bad. The fans are missing out. Elton puts on a great show.

Feel better Elton.

grumpiestoldman

Elton, take off your hairpiece and let your brain air out!

Jay W.

When are you gonna come down... ? When are you going to land ....

He does put on a good show.

tmzfan

One of the best concerts I've ever seen. Best wishes to you Elton!

Smarg

His HIV doesn't help the situaion...

God-Of-Lyf

Dang it! I was so hoping for a different ending to this story. I'm so tired of hearing/seeing this peter puffer. Just Saying...

Pudding Tang

where to now St. Peter?

Mumra the Ever Living

TMZ gives a direct quote from Elton John about the show where he gives the name of the show, where it's at, and the fact that there are more shows to come.
Jesus, he took Memorial day weekend off - maybe the shows weren't sold out, and you help him advertise. You people are the worst.

Gloria

Wishing Elton the best. I just love him and his music. It was (and still is!) the soundtrack to my life. Keep rockin', E.J.!

WellSinceYouDidntAsk

Translation: EJ has Vegas throat. And singing in the dry dessert is not good.

Toilethead

I hope the old queen has a speedy recovery. I saw him in concert once and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Shami

If this is true ( he told 2 different stories last time he cancelled shows), it would be wise for Colosseum execs to look into whether crew members have had throat issues as well. Celine had it, bad, now Elton.
A respiratory infection is a million times different than Vegas throat.
(the reason I post this is that I work on the property, so it matters to me ;)

sim so dep

Sadly for John, his fans of his talent.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments