Anne Hathaway's Ex-BF

Arrivederci ... You've been

DEPORTED

5/25/2012 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0525_anne-hathaway-raffaello-follieri_article_2
Anne Hathaway
's ex-boyfriend/convicted conman Raffaello Follieri has just been taken from federal prison in Pennsylvania and kicked out of the country ... TMZ has learned.

Follieri pled guilty to conspiracy, wire fraud, and money laundering back in 2008 -- after swindling millions from investors in an American church-buying scheme. He's been behind bars ever since.

Follieri was released today and immediately deported to his native Italy.

A rep for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement tells TMZ, “ICE carried out the order of an immigration judge, and removed Follieri from the United States May 25, 2012.”

Follieri dated Hathaway from 2004-2008.

Bridget

He should have served more time before they booted him out.

KicksandGiggles

His stealing azz should have stayed in jail here until every dime & penalty was paid back. How does this punish him? Yeah right, exactly. It doesn't.

wasted days and wasted nights

It is a punishment of sorts to have to go through life as "Anne Hathaway's Ex-Boyfriend." Imagine all the times in Italy he will be asked by American tourists with cameras, "Pardon me, aren't you Anne Hathaway's Ex-Boyfriend?"

Denver

Granted "Love and Other Drugs" showcased a well toned and rarely clothed Ms Hathaway, one cannot help but remember a joke when you see her. A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says, :"Why the long face?"...

Artist

If he had stole billions, he never would have spent a day in prison

Azzkicker

Good riddance to bad trash. Hilariously, it's not going to be any easier for him in Italy; his scam was claiming he represented the Vatican in raising funds for Vatican non-profit charities, which he poicketed & used to fund his bigtime lifestyle. With Italy being highly Catholic, there's a built-in level of outrage & anger towards him; they're going to scrag his ass...

Bellaca

Didn't he blame Anne for forcing him to swindle. He claimed because of her jetsetting lifestyle, he felt pressure to keep up and keep the money coming in.

frodis

Deported? I thought we didn't do that? Oh he's from Italy, not Mexico so I guess that's okay then.

Cartman

Hey Anne, call me.

I promise, I am not some ponzi scheme foreign dude. I don't have any accent though so you probably won't fall for me.

Duke Steele

So why does it take so long, if at all, to throw the illegal aliens out of this country?

Different-Time-Zone

Dear TMZ people, we know there are no Italians among you and Google Translate doesn't always work.

In Italian you don't use "arrivederci" nor "ciao" to say 'good bye'.
Arrivederci means 'until we see one another again'.

daftshadow

Well at least Raffaello's resume includes having sex with Anne Hathaway for four years.

cindy

my money is on how fast he will be up to his old tricks again !!

steve

am I in the wrong business? 4 years for what he did is a slap on the wrist. I believe he was trined in Itly by the mob and tried this to see how it works. it worked alright. What ever happened to that 2.8 M acount in Marrocco? I need to get slick and obtuse!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2