Todd Bridges

"I'm Getting DIVORCED"

Take THAT Media!!

5/25/2012 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0525_dori_smith_todd_bridges_article
"Diff'rent Strokes" star Todd Bridges and his wife are no longer moving to the beat of just one drum -- and they're ending their 14-year marriage.

Todd announced the split on Twitter, saying he wanted to "beat the media to this." He explained ... "Me and my wife our [sic] divorcing our lives are going different directions."

It's unclear if they've actually filed divorce or separation papers yet.

Todd says they "remain good friends." They have one son together.

Toilethead

He sounds like a retard.

Bridget

That's sad. He has overcome a lot. You would think they could make this work, but you never know.

Majestik

She put up with his drunk, drug addicted ass for 14 years. I hope she gets the gold mine and he gets the shaft.

harleyharlett

thats a shame - todd has worked so hard to attain and keep his sobriety,- i use to see them all the time at hamburger hamlet -all the time - i just hope thats not the direction he is changing

Butters_Creamy_Goo

I sat next to him on a flight from NYC to LA last year, he was the nicest guy. I continue to wish him all the best!!!!!

Cartman

I wonder which one of them gets to keep the section 8 apartment.

BB not bb

I think that is his second wife. I think he lost the first one when he was going crazy being a drug dealer and all that. He wrote a very gripping autobiography of all that he did. He got about as far from being Willis as you can imagine.

I believe he is a Christian now. Mabye he can't be in a relationship after divorcing his first wife then. It turns out his birthday is tomorrow also.

moxie

I really enjoy watching him on World's Dumbest...he is a riot, and a good actor. Hate to hear this news, and wish them both the best.

monique

he wanted to beat the media? when was the last time the media reported ANYTHING about him?

Lu

Isn't he the only living member of Different Strokes?

kim

Wife???? im sorry but that woman looks like his mother... wtf? Todd were you on or thinking about when you married her? you and Gary Coleman (rip) should have thought those marriages over.. grass aint always greener on the other side.. the grass is green where you water it at in your own backyard!

Roccoco100

"What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Roccoco100

"What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Kari

He should have stayed quiet--the media would not have noticed. I think his fame ship has sailed.

Tasos

Bridges was wise to contain any media speculation about his possible relapse from addiction recovery... it marks maturity on his part, or at least his fortunate procurement of good counsel.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments