Amanda Bynes

Accused of ANOTHER

Hit-and-Run

5/27/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0525_amanda_bynes_article
UPDATE -- Bynes took to her Twitter page Sunday night to deny the story, writing, "I cant help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false."

0314_divider_graphic

Amanda Bynes slammed into a car on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley on April 10 ... then fled the scene -- according to the victim who told cops the troubled actress was the culprit.

The culprit was driving a 5 series BMW at the time of the accident. The victim gave chase, got off the freeway, but the culprit blew a red light, never to be seen again. The victim was able to write down the license plate number.  She only got a profile view of the woman driving the BMW.

CHP showed up, ran the plate and determined it was a rental vehicle. Officers told the victim the culprit was driving an Enterprise rental car. The victim then contacted Enterprise, who told her the person who had rented the car was Amanda Bynes.

The victim then showed up at a CHP substation and ID'd Amanda from a photo lineup. And get this ... the photo of Amanda was taken just 4 days earlier -- it was her mug shot from a DUI arrest.  Amanda was driving in West Hollywood on April 6 when she clipped a cop car and was immediately popped for DUI.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the case was referred to a filing officer at the L.A. City Attorney's Office who immediately rejected it because there was no independent witness fingering Amanda as the phantom driver.

Amanda was accused earlier this month of hitting a car in Hollywood and then fleeing the scene.  She told cops she did not feel the impact and was not ticketed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

hugh

I bet Lindsay's breathing a sigh of relief right about now.

MaryContrary

What's going to be her excuse now? Let me guess, "It wasn't me." It's time to hang up your keys and quit driving before you kill someone.

Jordan

Did Amanda graduate from the Lindsay Lohan school of driving.

alex

DUH.... the wack side of Hollywood

Jay W.

I bet she's a promiscuous girl.

pink floyd

way to go drunky.!!!

Phreaky

She's going to kill someone soon. Someone take her keys away!

John

"I bet she's a promiscuous girl. "

Was there ANY doubt?

jackmama311

okay, at this point someone must take her keys and give her a huge slap...am i wrong or am i wrong???

toshw19

What is going on with Amanda? She was one of a very small amount of childhood stars that didn't do stupid things that lead to her get in trouble with the law. Maybe she shouldn't have stopped being an actress so soon. Because when she was still doing movies she wasn't getting drunk and slamming into other cars.

Nostradamus

Every time I see this girl I hear B Spears' song "Crazy" in my head.

Susan62509

The police aren't going to be able to give Amanda anymore breaks when she kills someone with her drunk driving.

The L.A. City Attorney's office need to see if there is any damage on the rental car. If they don't investigate then when Amanda does bodily harm to someone someday, then the city should be sued for not getting her drunken arse off the road.

Robbie

Did they really think the police were going to pursue the case? Of course they won't. It's LA, the land of the celebrity. I have no idea why regular people even live there. It would be best to leave the celebs to worship themselves in their land of squalor.

BB not bb

I would think that she has money to hire a chauffeur, so she had better start using one or at least a taxi, because she obviously can't drive. She needs to stop trying to drive herself home after clubbing. That is just common sense. She is really going to get in trouble and might end up in jail or even prison. What if she klls someone under the influence one day?

If she is out with friends, they should take her keys or refuse to let her drive herself home. She seems to be on a rampage of some sort.

Jordan

I will give a million to 1 odds says she does no jail time for any hit and run or DUI.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments