Amanda Bynes

Accused of ANOTHER

Hit-and-Run

5/27/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0525_amanda_bynes_article
UPDATE -- Bynes took to her Twitter page Sunday night to deny the story, writing, "I cant help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false."

0314_divider_graphic

Amanda Bynes slammed into a car on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley on April 10 ... then fled the scene -- according to the victim who told cops the troubled actress was the culprit.

The culprit was driving a 5 series BMW at the time of the accident. The victim gave chase, got off the freeway, but the culprit blew a red light, never to be seen again. The victim was able to write down the license plate number.  She only got a profile view of the woman driving the BMW.

CHP showed up, ran the plate and determined it was a rental vehicle. Officers told the victim the culprit was driving an Enterprise rental car. The victim then contacted Enterprise, who told her the person who had rented the car was Amanda Bynes.

The victim then showed up at a CHP substation and ID'd Amanda from a photo lineup. And get this ... the photo of Amanda was taken just 4 days earlier -- it was her mug shot from a DUI arrest.  Amanda was driving in West Hollywood on April 6 when she clipped a cop car and was immediately popped for DUI.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the case was referred to a filing officer at the L.A. City Attorney's Office who immediately rejected it because there was no independent witness fingering Amanda as the phantom driver.

Amanda was accused earlier this month of hitting a car in Hollywood and then fleeing the scene.  She told cops she did not feel the impact and was not ticketed.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Bagheera

How many different people are named Amanda Bynes? Where she lives, probably 60 lookalikes and 20 people who legally changed their name to it.

nteplitz

This is actually Amanda's 4th hot and run, she ran into a boat once: http://www.omdoubleg.com/entertainment/amanda-bynes-crashes-her-rental-car-into-a-boat/

Yangr

"I cant help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false." soo...she doesn't drink ehh? then what was that hideous mug shot of her in that crappy lilac hair color we all saw before?!

pimpdaddy

Bitch! Get yourself into rehab NOW. U r gonna kill someone that is innocent & maybe yourself too. What the hell is your problem? U r in denial, period.

God-Of-Lyf

I bet she doesn't chop wood with those teeth either huh? What a friggin loser!!!!

Regina

I'm telling you people, it's the Disney effect. The Mouse does something to child actors. Their whole life is stifled, emotionally, sexually, financially and when they get to be too big Disney dumps them like road kill beside the highway. Then they act out because they are stunted adults. Brittany, Christina, Amanda, Lindsay, Vanessa, etc, etc.

azsxdcfv

Thanks Amanda & Lindsay for ruining my childhood -_-

hoodedgoon211

take her license, and put her back under the rock she came from....who the hell is amanda bynes anyway?

Shari

You know I think it's funny that supposedly Enterprise told this person who they rented a car too. I say that because there are privacy laws and they are not allowed to disclose that information unless it's a emergency. And the fact that this woman pointed the finger at Amanda as being the driver is just a bunch of BS. She's trying to get something out of nothing it seems like.

Jenny

Amanda Bynes has almost hit our (rental) car as we waited outside the chateau marmont one night for a friend. I have seen it in person, she cannot drive, and to make it worse, when we encountered her, she was behind the wheel of a huge cadillac escalade. Celebrities!!!! get a driver, make said driver sign a non-disclosure agreement and be done with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10