Justin Bieber

Battery Suspect

5/28/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528_bieber_gsi
Justin Bieber
is a suspect in a criminal battery ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Justin was in Calabasas, where he lives, just after noon Sunday at a mall called The Commons.  A paparazzo attempted to take Justin's picture and, according to law enforcement, some sort of physical altercation erupted between Justin and the camera guy.

The photog called 911, and when cops arrived Justin and GF Selena Gomez had already split.

The photog complained of pain to his upper torso, an ambulance was summoned and he was taken to a local hospital where he was examined and released a short time later.

The photog filed a police report naming Justin as the culprit. Cops are investigating the incident as a misdemeanor battery.

Law enforcement tells us detectives want to speak with Justin, Selena and any other witnesses.

We placed a call to Justin's rep ... so far, no comment.

update_bar
We're told several witnesses at the scene say after the altercation, a lawyer walked up to the photog and said he could get a lot of money out of the incident and advised the dude to call for an ambulance and file a police report.

Witnesses also say the photog had been blocking Justin's car as the singer was trying to leave.  Justin got out of the car and asked the guy to move away but he wouldn't, and a scuffle ensued.

Daniel

Send him back to Canada already!

What You Really Want To See

I hope the pain in the photog's upper torso are due to a mutlicolored having driven his nuts up to his throat before they settles in his upper torso.

SheisHot

Why is he wearing Selena's socks?

campy

Had I been there I would have whooped on that illegal's dome....then went shopping.

Passion Of The Taint

This dude is rich! why? No real talent here...

He is a karate beaver!!!! Dating a beaver with a huge dumb melon!

Steinberg

pretty bad photoshop in my opinion

Gurgle

Normally I would side with the celebrity on this; but, since its Bieber, the arrogant, effeminate, entitled, debutante diva from the north... I say take the %$ to the cleaners.

He's cracking though, I knew he would. He's gonna do the Britney soon. We're just weeks away from watching a bald beaver beat an suv with and umbrella; followed by him moving in with one of his male back up dancers.

RamHead

A strange picture I'd say. It's photoshopped or maybe it was staged.
Look at his pants (trousers?), what happened to his pants? I have seen pants like that before and they were worn by homeless people. And take a look at his sock!! Somebody please assure me it is a photoshopped sock, because where I live only GIRLS up to 12 years wear socks like that.
This all makes me wonder if it's the real little punk or just a fake.

spyseagullrobot

the photog should be charged with filing a false police report and put in jail

Ken

anyone else notice that he's missing a shoe?

lee

Punk kid needs to pull his pants up and be a man.

Superman

Gee, TMZ, if the photog's car was blocking beaver's car and the photog refused to move the car, then how did beaver leave the scene?!? Beaver should be deported back to Canada for trying to spread his douchiness around America.

AFStracuzzi

Apart from the "Not having of any money" I'm so glad I'm not famous

victory

Obviously there aren't any rules as far as distance in the camera hounds job instructions, they're stalkers. If I had an enormous camera lens right in my face, I'd be peeved, too. Yet, the celebrity is charged, something is wrong w/ the system.

dani

OMG please sue him. It would be so funny to see him stand up in court and claim Justin Bieber kicked his ass.