Elvis Presley's Crypt

UP FOR AUCTION!!

5/28/2012 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0528_elvis_presley_mausoleum
Elvis
fans can die happy ... literally ... 'cause the The King's original crypt is going up for auction and will will be one lucky bidder's permanent resting ground.

Darren Julien of Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills is set to offer up the iconic singer's tomb -- located at the Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Tennessee -- on June 23 as part of his "Music Icons" auction.

Following his death on August 16, 1977, Elvis rested in the tomb for two months, alongside his mother Gladys. Both were then later re-buried at his Graceland home.

The tomb, which has remained empty ever since, will hit the auction block on June 23. The winner will receive the crypt, opening and closing of the vault for burial, a memorialization inscription and use of the chapel for a committal service.

Fun Fact: Julien's Auctions also sold Michael Jackson's "Thriller" jacket, Marilyn Monroe's "River of No Return Dress", and a jacket worn by John Lennon ... all went for $240k - $1.8 million.

Bridget

I don't know why people pay so much for those tombs.

A friend of my family who was extreamly rich used to say..."When I die, just put me in a hefty bag and throw me in the river...I'll be dead, what do I care."

I gotta love Elvis though. He was yummy.

dee

Why in the world would anyone want his old crypt?! Its like the bed that Michael Jackson died in when they were going auction that off............why in the world would you want it?!!! I'm a huge Jackson fan, but I wouldn't the bed he died or just slept in, but I would mind one of Michael's pics that he drew, but something morbid as the bed he died in or the crypt that Elvis was in...................NOT (I'm not an Elvis so really I don't want anything of his).

Heather Gray

Thanks for choosing this pic!!! That's my DAD!!!! AWESOME!

Flying Blind

I knew I saw him in Idaho at a Burger King!

kitnplayn

Imagine how many sick and hungry American babies you could have helped with that money. Geez...Americans are so selfish and arrogant, they can't even see the value of human life over the loudness of their own greed. Despicable!

Pearl Jr

Just like Michael JOE Jackson's crypt is empty with no name of it,now we have a reminder that Elvis' crypt was empty too!

Michael JOE followed the Elvis death hoax to a TEE and the public knows nothing about the thousands of clues MJ left proving he faked his death.

Watch the jaw-dropping do***entary "Alive! Is Michael Jackson Really Dead?" on netflix

MichaelJacksonINsider com

DaveT

People buy the queen's used underwear and Elvis' tomb :D
Just goes to show having millions of dollars doesn't make you happier....it just mean you have so much money you don't know what to do with it ;)

OhWell

I Want To Buy MJ's Crypt
So I Can Invite All Of His
Little Doy Victims To Piss
All Over It.

CMKISS76

Why is this only going on the market now?

MJ_Jackson1958

Dr. Conrad Murray was charged for involuntary manslaughter of the King Of Pop..Also please be advised that Michael Jackson was murdered & would NEVER , EVER fake his death!. He was a proud father & would never leave his children behind. Anyone that claims Michael has stage his death are not true fan believers & show no moral support or gratitude to his family & his three minor children. #ParisJackson is fed up with gossip being spread all over #twitter , #youtube & #facebook that her father staged his death. She is only a teenager & that was her best friend.. She left #twitter for a month,(not beause of rehearsing for her new movie #LundonBridgeandTheThreeKeys ) .I have her as a friend & read her #tweets. She is #sad. . Look up on #youtube & search Pearl Jr VS. Jermaine Jackson Dispute.. These allegations about #MichaelJackson needs to stop if your a true loyal fan of his. He's been gone sine 6/25/09 & every year I hear he'll be back?.. In your dreams & do grow up!..Katherine believe in #Resurrection,(born again Christian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_of_Jesus ).By the way Missy - you said your goodbyes to Michael at UCLA hospital on the day he passed away.. I read it ALL at this blog.. LAY OFF the #JacksonFamily.This is another attempt of your harassment & you need to stop causing the Jackson Family more grief..Thank you for your cooperation on these serious matters

hollyhoodman

This will be a huge money maker for them. I'd say a million dollars plus.

MrHarrybawls2010

*WHETHER YOU"RE FROM MOSCOW OR MEMPHIS, ELVIS PARSLEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE KING OF ROCK N ROLL.*

Dave

I've seen it. It is actually a separate, private room within the mausoleum, secured by a wrought iron door. The door, however, is not original. The original was removed by a former cemetery manager many years ago, and cut into small pieces which were then sold as souvenirs. There are multiple burial spaces, so your family can join you. It's in a nice, stately facility.

Pegasus

Question Is: Who will recieve the money from the sale? Will it be Priscilla? Will it be Lisa Marie? Will it be Forrest Lawn? Will it be Elvis's Grandchildren?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments