Phillip Phillips

Surgery POSTPONED

5/29/2012 10:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0529_phillip_phillips_tmz_article
Phillip Phillips
will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he's burning up with a fever ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass.  The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney -- requiring 8 prior surgeries.

Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire "American Idol" competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago -- causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.

We're told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever.  As a result surgeons will not operate.

We're told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.

0518_phillip_phillips_wailing_footer_v2

Michael

Don't worry, he's not in danger, it's was just another gimmick to get sympathy votes and the morons fell for it. now he can take his time since all that story is
bull****.

bluzzone

Poor guy.He is tough. Hopefully , that by putting off the surgery as long as he did does not cause permanent damage to his kidney.

Mary

Carzy that the lure of money causes people to forget about their health. Phillip could have cared less about his health, because American Idol was more important. It is the same thing with Ryan O'Neil. He has cancer, but has opted to wait for chemo, because he has a book to sell. Seriously? This is what has become of America. The almighty dollar drives people to do things!

Sonya

That is terrible. He is such a trooper!!!!

THE BEAVER

I feel so sad for the guy. He wanted to win American Idol so bad, he risk his health for it. God be with you, hun.
I hope all goes well for you, and next time, dude, listen to your doctor. You are alreay God's American Idol, sweetie, you do not have to have other people to tell ya that you are.

natasha

This man deserves to make it. I cant imagine the pain he has been thru. WOW. I am a nurse and i have seen grown men cry with stones, most of them. very painful. I hope he gets them taken care of. He is more talented than i think most of us know. No one makes it overnight. Ask most of the big stars now. It takes time and the heart to stay with it.

billy cema

This man needs our prayers. I'm doin' my part, for sure!

Becky

Phillip, I hope you get your needed surgery and your fever returns to normal. Idol or no Idol, you seem like a sweet kid to me. Godspeed.

ExtraKetchup

The focus he had during the competition was unreal. Sounds like he fought through some serious pain. I admire his determination and hope there aren't any more roadblocks to having this surgery done.

DENISE

Poor sweet sweet Phillip......I hope this will soon be over & you can move forward. You are so deserving. May GOD bless you & your family.

Queenie

Sorry to hear about this set-back. Hope he can get the surgery done asap and start making us some music. All these little boys sitting in their mother's basement posting jealous comments need to get a life.

amyshepherd32

God bless phillip phillips

Bobbie

Phillip, I have watched you during Idol and admire how you are able to keep composure. Keep a positive outlook as there is light at the end of all this. You will feel better and sing like you've never sung before once the pain is gone. God Bless you and I will hold you in my prayers.

Mary Anne Huff

Hang in there Phillip! As the saying goes "this *these) too shall pass". GoGo Momma

mindy

God bless you Phillip! You have been through so much and I'm so glad you won. You deserved it! I hope you are on the mend soon and out on tour!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments