Randy Travis

My Ex-Wife Sabotaged

My Career!

5/29/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528_randy_elizabeth_travisCountry legend Randy Travis says his ex-wife is a scam-artist who came up with a diabolical plot to ruin his career and cheat him out of his hard-earned cash ... this according to new legal docs.

The singer has filed a lawsuit against Elizabeth Travis -- his ex-wife and manager of 30 years -- claiming she breached her contract by running around town blabbing personal details about him in order to torpedo his career. Randy wasn't specific about the "personal details," but it sounds pretty bad.

And that's just the beginning ...Travis claims Elizabeth tried to con even more money out of him with inflated travel reimbursement requests.

The new suit comes on the heels of Elizabeth filing her own lawsuit ... claiming it was Randy who breached their contract when he canned her in 2011. She wants her full management fee.

Randy is asking the judge to block his ex from getting a cut from his future gigs.

A judge has yet to rule.

Northerner

another typical money grubbing, gold digging whore! randy, your music speaks for itself. your career is not dead!

noonie

Looks like he's not going to love her forever and ever, forever and ever, amen.

Val

He never shou;d have married his manager to began with plus she was three times his age

Melanie

It took him all these years to figure that out?????? Geez he's a little slow on the draw isn't he.

Kitkat

Most all these comments are hilariously entertaining. I agree with most. What some may not understand, Randy & Lib Hatcher had a relationship long before they moved to N'ville, my hometown. There was always gossip they were an item because they were inseparable.
I completely understand the attraction a very young man/boy would have for a woman 16 hrs older.
Time changes things. Now he wants out. Lib is trashing his name out of vengeance while trying to take $ in the process. Aren't some men just as guilty...try to keep $ from their future ex-spouse while trashing them in public and eventually court?

Seems like a very unfortunate course these two have taken together. Life can be short. Careers come and go. Move on and be happy. There are hopefully better times ahead, provided their hearts are right.

Rubyrose

char_ruby@yahoo.com

Bonnie

Old Lz has had major plastic surgery! She did not make his career,he's the one with the voice,she took him in as a teen and let him sing in her bar,when she knew she had gold she left her husband.Old women who do that to minors these days get locked up.She kept him on a tight leash and I would say probally messed him up mentally since he was a child when she got her hands on him. She was a old bag when they got married and still is an old bag who likes boys!

Rusty

She looks like a man. Look at that Adams Apple.

Gary Linger

Personally I do not know why Randy Travis wants to have a continuing career. Most 90's icons of Country music have not continued into the millennium era with what one could call highly successful careers. Randy has had more success than many of us could ever dream to have. Heck I would venture to say many of us would be happy to have one hit let alone all the hits Randy had. Randy should enjoy his life and not look back with any regrets. I for one loved when he was living openly for the lord, singing so many positive tunes and being a good role model. I know that person still exist. I hope he comes back.

Mavis

Mr Travis, I love your music. And I send out many prayers for you, in hopes that you will turn you life around. I've been thru Divorce battles with my ex and it is Very Hard! But you will make to the other side, just Pray and hang on! Remember they are those who Pray for you!

Susan Hunt

Randy, sometimes things in life happens and we question why and I'm a firm believer that when we turn our back on the Lord, our life literally falls apart. Think about the happy time in your life and I know it would be when you were singing gospel music and serving the Lord. The things you have done since Feb. does not show the way a Christian lives. I know you have a kind heart and I have always loved your music. You have a family that loves you (most of them) and they pray for you all the time. Visit with them that would have a positive influence on you. Praying every day that you will wake up and turn your life over to the Lord.

Laurie Brewer

That is is wife in the picture...he has a right to protect what is his...HIS MONEY IS HIS MONEY...without him she would have NEVER had this gig or job...his talent makes the money

Beth

I pray he get's better!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3