Randy Travis

My Ex-Wife Sabotaged

My Career!

5/29/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528_randy_elizabeth_travisCountry legend Randy Travis says his ex-wife is a scam-artist who came up with a diabolical plot to ruin his career and cheat him out of his hard-earned cash ... this according to new legal docs.

The singer has filed a lawsuit against Elizabeth Travis -- his ex-wife and manager of 30 years -- claiming she breached her contract by running around town blabbing personal details about him in order to torpedo his career. Randy wasn't specific about the "personal details," but it sounds pretty bad.

And that's just the beginning ...Travis claims Elizabeth tried to con even more money out of him with inflated travel reimbursement requests.

The new suit comes on the heels of Elizabeth filing her own lawsuit ... claiming it was Randy who breached their contract when he canned her in 2011. She wants her full management fee.

Randy is asking the judge to block his ex from getting a cut from his future gigs.

A judge has yet to rule.

campy

No Randy, your career died on it's own. It was old.

My Big Salami

Come on TMZ you sure that aint a picture of him and his Mom?...You got it all WRONG! that's not his wife of 30 YEARS!...This lady was born in 1930!

Grouchy Smurf

Heck, just have her killed. If you get away with it your problem is solved. If you get caught it will make for one heck of a country song (and possibly a live-from-prison concert film!). Either way you win.

Lori

I know both of them and she is a Bitch and i hope he wins and gets nothing!!!!!!!!!!

DaveT

I found myself...in a cross condition....maybe it was her....maybe it was me...My heart of hearts...won't like to me....

Scott Levy

I'm guessing that she was going around and telling people he's gay. That would probably torpedo his country career, but it's been widely rumored for many years. Hell, the fact that he was married to a 75 year old woman kinda made it seem true.

niles

Everybody knows it was an "arranged marriage" to save his career. Now she holds the cards, dummy, and drinking won't help matters. Best to pay her off or come out of the closet and move on.

bunny

"I ain't saying she's a gold digger..."

Karen

It's a wonder she didn't cut off his dick. This womanizer was running around on her after all the years they were married. I don't care if she is a bitch, she was the one that made him. She left her husband to manage this punk. How dare him call her a scam-artist. He would have been nothing without her. He would be in jail a long time ago.

Majesta Duncan

NO, she is a bitch. When I was 11 yrs old, I saw him and her at LAX. My dad was a country music fan and I knew who he was. I went and politely asked him for an autograph (I was the only one who recognized him in the airport, I suppose) and he was really nice until that bitch he called a wife came up. There I am, a little 11-yr old girl, just asking for an autograph. She goes, "COME ON, RANDY! Hurry up! You don't have to do this every time someone recognizes you!" Yeah. My dad yelled at her, "****ing ****!" as she walked away. hahahhahaha.

larry

why is it when it comes down to divorce, the female half wants half of everything, as long as its not a bill or monthly payment

mary

what's with the picture? how cam you say that's his ex when she was way older than him? that's somebody's daughter!

YouDontSay

I remember my mom commenting years and years ago how she stuck by him and really made his career. Sad.

mike

First order of Business is to Sue Her for that Hair Doo.. That in itself could have ruined His Career.

whocares

Sorry but I can't hear you over your terrible singing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments