Michael Jackson

Creepy 'I Can't Sleep' Letter

Yanked from Auction

5/30/2012 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0529_lisa_marie_presley_michael_jackson_getty
A letter Michael Jackson wrote to Lisa Marie Presley -- complaining about the problem that ultimately killed the singer -- has been yanked from the auction block after Lisa Marie pitched a fit.

Lisa Marie has not said why she wanted the letter pulled, but it's pretty clear -- Michael struggled with sleep deprivation for years until he found a quick fix in the form of Propofol.

The letter -- written sometime between 1993 and 1996, reads as follows: "Smell here [arrow with box] Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally [sic] in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and Business people. I must take care of my health first Im' [sic] crazy for you Love Turd."

As TMZ first reported, Jackson was doctor shopping for Propofol before he hooked up with Conrad Murray.

So Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills -- the same company selling off Elvis' crypt -- has capitulated to Elvis' daughter. Owner Darren Julien tells TMZ, "I'm assuming it's a personal nature, and we wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

We can read between the lines.

Creepy I Cannot Sleep Letter from Michael Jackson

Margirlj

This letter is false. Not It was Michael who wrote it, so it was withdrawn from auction.

Margirlj

The marriage of Michael and Lisa was not real. So there is no such letter was from him. Or the letter is fake or he was lying.

mulan

It’s not creepy at all, yes he had sleep problems, so is 44 percent of working adults in this country. and it's actually sweet when he tells her "crazy for you Love Turd.” everything about Michael Jackson has to be Weird, Bizarre, crazy, strange, The media played this game for so long. But he's dead now, what's the point of headline like this? smh

ultravioletrae

Why are you pushing "creepy" on this story? There's nothing "creepy" about that note and why is it "pitching a fit" to ask for a very personal note from one's spouse to be returned? Is it not obvious that the note rightfully belongs to Presley and that it was taken illegally and publicized for purposes of making a profit at auction? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TMZ? Why do you enjoy bullying Michael Jackson? Oh, silly me, a grab at ratings and revenue, of course. Never mind the human beings, the grieving parents and the minor children, the millions of fans. "You will do anything for money." As long as the check clears, you really don't care.

Rita

This story has been picked up by almost every media organisation. Lisa Marie gets the publicity she needs and so doies the auction. Poor Michael, I hope that your journey has become easier than it was on Earth. I feel that you are at Peace, no more users.

DaveT

Don't see the issue?
Lisa Presley has always been private, for obvious reasons being daughter of Elvis and her privacy constantly invaded.
Probably wanted it pulled either because it's a fake letter, or it's a real letter and she doesn't think a private letter should be exposed.
No sleep for 4 days explains the messy writing, sleep deprivation does that.
Guess I just don't see the news in this...maybe I need my morning coffee....(-.-)zzzzzz

liberty

"Smell here" obviously had perfume on it - which was romantic. "I'm crazy for you" - need I say more? He was in love with LMP, so sweet! I really don't get what's so creepy about it. I've seen a lot of MJ's letters online to different people, he loved to write letters and that was how he expressed himself. But why the need to sensationalize? Oh i forgot, that's how it sells right?

O_o

thats so sad...but...um...love turd? must be a rich person thing.

Scott

Poor Turd.

Ewelina

I think the "scrach and smell box" is a kind of joke also. I had heard before, people who knew Mike personally used to nickname him "smelly". We would never know if it was because of his natural body odour or his lavish use of cologne. Although there is a clip on youtoube from a trip to Gary, Indiana in which he each shown using much too much cologne ;-)

Eden

Wtf is so creepy about this letter?! It shows that Michael and Lisa DID have a real relationship, that's probably creepy to the tabloids because they've tried to brainwash people for years, saying that their relationship was fake. He was a straight man. What is so strange about him marrying someone who's as famous as he is? I can understand why. Some people may not..
Btw I have a feeling that he sprayed Bal À Versailles on that 'smell here' box lol :p It was his all time favorite perfume.

DaveT

In 6th grade the best scratch-n-sniff stickers were the ones that smelled like Bubblicious Watermelon gum...only prob was keeping kids from eating them...

Dose Of Reality

The rabids are always a laugh in how they try to justify his abnormal behaviors. It's even more funny when they try to push their eccentric religious beliefs on him.

Shannon

Why is this letter creepy? It's from a husband to his wife saying he needs his rest?? Unless you've dealt with insomnia, you will never understand the desire to just sleep. And really, what's in the 'smell here' box? How about perfume?? And the "love turd" part is gross? It's obviously a silly nickname either she or somebody else gave to him. It's not that weird, and it shouldn't be such a big deal. And what creepy way of writing are you talking about people? The man said he didn't sleep in 4 days. He probably took a quick minute to write this to his wife, letting her know what's up, and wasn't thinking about his "way of writing." Also, Lisa DID NOT put this up for auction. A fan of Michael's contacted her on twitter about this, & she had no idea about it. She said it was stolen and wanted it removed from the auction.

If any of you don't love or respect Michael, why even click the link, read the article and post a rude comment? You're hatred and ignorance is not needed.