Joan Rivers

Costco Won't Sell My Book!

6/1/2012 11:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601_joan_rivers_video_tmz_5Joan Rivers' new book is set to hit stores next week, but you won't find it at your local Costco ... because Joan claims the bulk retailer has cancelled its order because Joan refused to remove a few raunchy jokes on the back cover.

Joan called in to TMZ this AM in the middle of the morning meeting and explained how Costco objected to 2 fake testimonials:

-- Wilt Chamberlain: "Even if I were alive I wouldn't f**k her."
-- Marie Antoinette: "I don't like her. Let her eat s**t."

Costco had neither a comment nor a sense of humor.

Rob

You liberals think you just get to trash our society with your "anything goes" routine. Well, just wait, things are going to swing back the other way hard... and then you won't be so smug and self-righteous.

O_o

costco didn't reject the book because of the comments...they rejected it because it won't sell. get it RIGHT rivers!

JW

I'll be first in line, Joan!! Congratulations.

Kari

Thank you, Costco.

Mitch

One more face lift...she'll have a goatee.!!

notalawyer

Joan is a raunchy joke on the back cover
Ugly goes clear to the bone...

There's a problem here

Anytime I can see Joan Rivers I will stay on that channel to watch. Her face is mesmerizing. Even her lips barely move. I find it fascinating. Having said that, her persona is obnoxious but she's a rather interesting person. Her face is amazing though, and not in a good way.

Brad

She can barely speak! What makes her believe she can write!

messygirl

It's not that Costco doesn't have a sense of humor -- it's that they potentially have small children in the store. How would you guys like your seven year old reading jokes like that and then repeating them to their teachers? Yeah, parents will love that.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Her Decadent mind and life-style is not worth reading about---She has been a PIG her whole life long-- Her filthy mind and thoughts are what made her rich and famous- Her mind is Uglier than her Face, if that is possible!!! She should have been a RABBI- The Jews must be really proud of her!!!

nof

x-impressive when you can tell C to go f themselves.

But then Joan owns Sutton Place - so why not.

Faye

And I won't buy your book.

nof

Joan's wrong about Wilt -

He'd have done her in a second.

CB

Well, we at least know one Crowded House member who won't have to worry about "Dreaming It's Over" in regard to Joan's career. I also know a Beastie Boy who will not be "Making Noise" about this book. GD I am such a dick and will go to hell...one day.

News Flash

That's way I don't belong to Costco. They are stupid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments